Al's original plan for TORIN'S PASSAGE...

Feeling like this game is just out of this world but can't seem to get a handle on things? Well come on here to post and get some help about Torin's Passage!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Al's original plan for TORIN'S PASSAGE...

Post by Tawmis »

Was cleaning out my "Save" folder in my gmail (because I was bored out of my skull) and have like 500 saved emails... and came across this (I thought I posted it before, maybe I did? Didn't? Too lazy to thoroughly check)...
Al Lowe wrote: I originally planned Torin's Passage for 5 games, each covering a significant period in Torin's life. #2 was his marriage and assumption of the throne. #3 was "the rebels strike back," i.e., a challenge to his leadership. #4 was a "coming of age" story about his sons and their fight to be next in line for the throne. And #5 was the "passing of the torch," and I planned to include Torin's death. (If for no other reason than to prevent more sequels! <grin>)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: Al's original plan for TORIN'S PASSAGE...

Post by Collector »

I think that you posted that he had intended more, but I don't think that you had shared this email. We can only dream of what might have been. Unfortunately, the IP issue would prevent it, but otherwise, if Telltale could get together with Al and...
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

There's things to be learned every day! I knew Torin was supposed to become a series, but didn't know these details. Thank you for that, Tawmis!

On a quick sidenote: Craig Alexander just joined up on the Chest's Facebook profile. You do know Craig, right ;)?
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Zapher
Bad Sierra Gamer

Post by Zapher »

wow that sounds like it could have been an epic series. makes it all the more sad that things ended up the way they did. i absolutely loved Torins passage and i think it is one of the most under Rated sierra game or at least one of their best quality games that not many people got to experience and even fewer remember

Return to “Torin's Passage”