What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Tawmis »

ThePudd wrote:ESIV: Oblivion.
Great game.
So I am probably going to get fried for this - but I disagree. Well the landscape is amazing. The openess is amazing. I hate, hate, HATE the combat. For example when you first escape and swim to that little island area - I had a bow and arrow - and I could not hit the side of a barn if I was two feet away... it was ridiculous. Then they're aware of me and come in for close combat - and I may be lame but I couldn't take on two guys at the same time and died repeatedly. So I uninstalled it.
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

I just got ahold of "Mass Effect." So far I'm loving it, the graphics are incredible, and the main character is voiced by one of my personal heroes. But I'll need to modify my computer a bit since I can't run the game for more than 5-10 minutes before the video card overheats and my computer freezes. It did this with "Dreamfall" too. I'm told that I'm overclocking, so I need to figure out how to turn it down.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Datadog wrote:I just got ahold of "Mass Effect." So far I'm loving it, the graphics are incredible, and the main character is voiced by one of my personal heroes. But I'll need to modify my computer a bit since I can't run the game for more than 5-10 minutes before the video card overheats and my computer freezes. It did this with "Dreamfall" too. I'm told that I'm overclocking, so I need to figure out how to turn it down.
MASS EFFECT is an amazing game. Simply amazing. I have it for the XBOX360 and have beat it with two of the professions so far. Does the PC version come with the small expansion that came out for the XBOX360? I was never too sure if it did or didn't. (It's not much - but still a fun little side adventure).

Pretty much anything BIOWARE puts out is sheer gold.
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

Tawmis wrote:Pretty much anything BIOWARE puts out is sheer gold.
True statement.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Tawmis wrote: For example when you first escape and swim to that little island area - I had a bow and arrow - and I could not hit the side of a barn if I was two feet away... it was ridiculous. Then they're aware of me and come in for close combat - and I may be lame but I couldn't take on two guys at the same time and died repeatedly. So I uninstalled it.
Something was wrong with the character creation. Those two brigands are extremely easy to beat with the first spells (if you have them) or crouching/hiding and firing them with arrows or beating them with sword/axe, given also that, after the prison/sewer you have at least 20 Healing Potion ;)
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Taryn
Sierra Fan

Post by Taryn »

Chrono Trigger.

Believe it or not, I didn't get into Japanese RPGs (not counting action RPGs) until this year!

(1) 1. Boomkat - Run Boy *10 weeks at #1*
(6) 2. Sugababes - No Can Do
(3) 3. Alex C. - Liebe Zu Dritt
(5) 4. Maksim - Luc^s^aja Hoc^'
(2) 5. Miro - Gubja Kontrol Kogato
Full chart
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Chrono Trigger is fantastic. I discovered it just a few years ago and personally, I consider it to be a perfect game. They did a great job with the time travel in it.

I don't recommend the sequel as much, though. I've gone through it twice and the story still doesn't make any sense. Not to mention the 30+ playable characters really complicate everything.
Last edited by Datadog on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tinuviel
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Tinuviel »

I'm one of those million World of Warcraft addicts.
ThePudd
Sierra Fan

Post by ThePudd »

Tawmis wrote:
ThePudd wrote:ESIV: Oblivion.
Great game.
So I am probably going to get fried for this - but I disagree. Well the landscape is amazing. The openess is amazing. I hate, hate, HATE the combat. For example when you first escape and swim to that little island area - I had a bow and arrow - and I could not hit the side of a barn if I was two feet away... it was ridiculous. Then they're aware of me and come in for close combat - and I may be lame but I couldn't take on two guys at the same time and died repeatedly. So I uninstalled it.

Daang, Tawmis... :D
Like Andrea said, there must've been something w/Character creation.
Or maybe you just... :P
Bows are awesome. Especially when you have a high sneak lvl. (w/equipment, I'm at 136 :D ) I picked off about 4 bandits without them even noticing me in a dark corner...
You really have to give the game another shot Tawmis. The Dark Brotherhood missions are awesome.
Combat is a little tricky, granted...I'm still getting the hang of it, which is why I'm all about stealth and poisons. 8-)
Just an incredibly detailed game, in landscape, story, and even NPC creation.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

AndreaDraco83 wrote: Something was wrong with the character creation. Those two brigands are extremely easy to beat with the first spells (if you have them) or crouching/hiding and firing them with arrows or beating them with sword/axe, given also that, after the prison/sewer you have at least 20 Healing Potion ;)
They're easy? Are you kidding me? LOL. One time I did go around them and just avoid them. Went on a road - got to a cabin - came out and some other brigand ambushed me (or something to that degree) and killed me.

And the thing is - I consider myself pretty savy at RPG games... because I have been playing them since Wizardry II or so...

And this one just kicked my rump.

ThePudd wrote: Daang, Tawmis... :D
Like Andrea said, there must've been something w/Character creation.
Or maybe you just... :P
Bows are awesome. Especially when you have a high sneak lvl. (w/equipment, I'm at 136 :D ) I picked off about 4 bandits without them even noticing me in a dark corner...
You really have to give the game another shot Tawmis. The Dark Brotherhood missions are awesome.
Combat is a little tricky, granted...I'm still getting the hang of it, which is why I'm all about stealth and poisons. 8-)
Just an incredibly detailed game, in landscape, story, and even NPC creation.
All right - I will reinstall it (I am fairly certain I know where the CD is)... and if I die again - I am going to try again - then use FRAPS and capture it - and upload it - and you guys can tell me what I am doing wrong. :lol:
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

OK. To Tawmis rescue!
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

Guitar Hero: World Tour.

I didn't have the money for the full game, but I bought the guitar-only set. I'm very happy with my purchase.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Currently playing Oblivion. And I beat those two guys... Remarkable. First try no less.

Not with a bow. I stayed away from Archer class this time and went for Knight.
the_doctor
Sierra Lover

Post by the_doctor »

right now, depends on system.

Wii: Lego Star Wars Complete, Resident Evil Umbrella Chron, or Tomb Raider Anniversary.

Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure (trying anyway)

PC: Team Fortress 2 or Hero's Quest ...
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

Well I'm also playing KotOR II on my Xbox.

Never have beaten it, so I started a new character and I'm hoping I will this time.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”