Favorite Gobliiins Game and Why?

Who doesn't love Gobliiiins? (Well other than the Hero for Quest for Glory - but they have their own forum!) Here it's safe to discuss Gobliiiins!
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Favorite Gobliiins Game and Why?

Post by JasefWisener »

:D Seems I'll get to start a favorite game thread.

Which of the Gobliiins games is your favorite?

For me, it would be Gobliins (the second one). I just love the characters and setting, and it brought more to me than the first installment. Sadly, I've never played the third.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Akril
Sierra Veteran

Re: Favorite Gobliiins Game and Why?

Post by Akril »

I'd have to say Goblin's Quest 3, mostly because of the incredible variety not only of scenes, but of characters. I mean, how many other games let you control not only the main character and his various sidekicks, but also his love interest, his furry and violent alter ego, his shadow and his reflection?

The puzzles are pretty insane at times, but the crazy graphics and animations just keep me coming back for more -- not to mention the KQ3-esque revelation at the very end.

Gobliins is fun as well, but I recently replayed Gobliiins so I could write a review of it for a gaming site, and good gods, that game is painful. No way to save your game, a hundred ways to lose energy and a grand total of two ways to replenish it, and often there will be two completely identical objects on the screen, one of which can help you, while the other can harm or even kill you. Without the energy loss element, I'm sure I would love it, though.
Sierra's Resource Files - There is more to Sierra's games than meets the eye...
My Sierra fan art and fan fiction.
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

That makes me want to play Goblin's Quest 3. Perhaps someday I will. I've heard great things about it.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
misslilo
Caffeine Queen

Post by misslilo »

JasefWisener wrote:That makes me want to play Goblin's Quest 3. Perhaps someday I will. I've heard great things about it.
You won't regret it - I had a blast, when I last played it sometime last year 8-)
"You cannot escape your past, but you can make your future" - Diana Melkumova
Twitter/Steam/Twitch: @wowdane
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Can you believe this is one game I never played from Sierra? I have never ever played them... :(

I need to find them! And buy them! I am slowly completing my Sierra collection. Thankfully I had most when they originally came out for the classics (PQ, KQ, LSL, SQ - except for SQ1EGA, QFG, GK)... now it's a matter of picking up the ones I never got.
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

Tawmis wrote:Can you believe this is one game I never played from Sierra? I have never ever played them... :(

I need to find them! And buy them! I am slowly completing my Sierra collection. Thankfully I had most when they originally came out for the classics (PQ, KQ, LSL, SQ - except for SQ1EGA, QFG, GK)... now it's a matter of picking up the ones I never got.
Well you need them all (as do I), but definitely pick up 2 when you get the chance.

And, apparently, you should pick up 3 as well. I'm going to have to look into that.
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

I replayed all of the Goblin games earlier this year. 3 is definitely the best. The puzzles are still as insane and difficult as the previous games, but it's a lot more fun moving forward in the game since you never know what weird gameplay twist you're going to encounter next.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

One thing I would mentioned about the Gobliiins games is that while the floppy versions do great in DOSBox, the CD versions suffer from the same issue as do most of the Coktel Visions games. They do not work well outside of real DOS with the real MSCDEX. I believe that Coktel Visions took advantage of some undocumented features of MSCDEX from DOS 5-6 that are missing from later versions as well as DOSBox that causes issues.

The solution to this, and all Coktel Visions CD games for that matter, is ScummVM. It is the first tool to reach for with these games. Even over DOSBox. And you know how much of a supporter of DOSBox I am.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Goblins Quest 3. Best soundtrack. 1 was fun but limited. And a bit easy. 2 was really hard. Still haven't gotten past the beginning few screens. 3 is challenging enough without being impossibly hard and is quite fun.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001

Return to “The Gobliiins Series”