Your Favorite Moment?

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Your Favorite Moment?

Post by Tawmis »

Your Favorite Moment?

You can either do you favorite moment out of each game - or your favorite moment of the entire series. But let's hear them!

And note - it's favorite MOMENT - singular! So don't tell me about 10 different ones in a single game! I am looking for that single moment in the series or in each game that really made you say wow, laugh, or something!
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Re: Your Favorite Moment?

Post by JasefWisener »

Definitely the moment in QfGIV where Toby sacrifices himself for Tanya. Sacrificing one's self for another always touches me in games, movies, TV, books, everything.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

It's stupid, I know. But I have to say the opening sequence of each game: the main theme of the series is so powerful I was exalted every time I heard it!
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Nope! It's valid! For me, it's somewhat similiar - it was always creating characters. I beat it with an imported character - but always went back through to play the other "classes" you could be - and with my overly creative mind - character creation was always so fun for me... because I always came up with some mental story when I made a character.
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

Tawmis wrote:... because I always came up with some mental story when I made a character.
:D That makes me feel better, because that's the same thing I did. I always thought that made me weird.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

JasefWisener wrote:
Tawmis wrote:... because I always came up with some mental story when I made a character.
:D That makes me feel better, because that's the same thing I did. I always thought that made me weird.
Really. It's me. That means it probably is weird. ;)
Klausse
Noob

Post by Klausse »

TbF - not killing that guy in the EoF trial.
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

I love this series and I don't have a single favourite moment for each game (certainly not the entire series). However, I will limit myself to one for each game here, even though another favourite moment, which shall forever remain a mystery to you all because of Tawmis, may hold an equally dear place in my heart ;)

The first that springs to mind in QfG2 is when you partially restore Julanar. I found her story very touching and I was really happy that my hero was able to heal the healer, so to speak. A part of me was disappointed that my hero couldn't save her entirely and free her from the tree form.

Following on that last one, my favourite part in QfG3 was when I told Salim about Julanar and he went to find her and free her. *sniff* He must have had a lot of faith to follow his dream like that.

I could barely imagine being healer, someone who helps others, who is kind and caring, and suffering her fate. Then, to be encased in wood, alone in the dessert for centuries ( I don't remember exactly how long, but I thought it was a very long time). Perhaps becoming a tree was the only way to stop her suffering emotionally (as well as what the story said about physically protecting her).
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

Off the top of my head..

In QfG1, when the wires connected that Elsa was the real you know what at the end. (preventing a spoiler)

Training for the competition in QfG3 was for some reason one of my favorite parts. It's because I'm an athlete with an analytical mind. I loved the balancing beams (forget what they're called in the game) and actually made something similar in my parents' back yard to balance just like the hero.. not 12 feet off the ground though!

QfG4 has to be my favorite. The whole atmosphere of the town is my favorite "part". Walking around, almost feeling the cool crisp autumn air.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Jules wrote:Off the top of my head..

In QfG1, when the wires connected that Elsa was the real you know what at the end. (preventing a spoiler)
You know that we now have Spoiler Tags.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

Get outta town! How neat!

I was wondering how the heck you guys were doing that.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I was going to tell you how, but I didn't want to SPOIL it... ;)
Tinuviel
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Tinuviel »

QFG1 - Anything with Erasmus. He is hysterical.
QFG2 - Julanar, of course. I also noticed you get more "flavor" text on the various discussions about stuff with Aziza if you continued your character from the prior game.
QFG3 - I didn't have a real "jump out" favorite moment here. I just felt the whole thing was thrown together (which, in a way, it was, since Shadows of Darkness was supposed to be the next segment.)
QFG4 - The Erana dreams.
QFG5 - This...is a tough one. Probably attempting to make the choice between Erana, Katrina, or neither in Hades. (I even saved it before and redid it a couple of times to see what happened with the other options.)

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”