KQ4 easter egg

Is the game being a ROYAL pain? Need a hint? Got a problem? This is the place to discuss King's Quest!
the_doctor
Sierra Lover

KQ4 easter egg

Post by the_doctor »

foudn this on your eastereggs page ...

After you kill Lolotte, go to the hallway outside the prison cell, then type BEAM ME. You get teleported to a room with a bunch of Sierra employees! This only works for the AGI version of the game.

Anybody get a screenshot of that or a DOSBox recording? I've never had the AGI version of KQ4, would be interesting to see.
Fender_178
Sierra Veteran

Re: KQ4 easter egg

Post by Fender_178 »

Heres what you are looking for. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nglnqpoanp4 It even has commentary with it if you dont mind it.
FREEZE SCUM!!
the_doctor
Sierra Lover

Post by the_doctor »

cool thanks!
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I didn't know of the easter egg, having myself the SCI version! I watched the video and it was really fun, plus I really liked the commentary!
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Taryn
Sierra Fan

Post by Taryn »

Yeah, I also only had the SCI version of KQ4. I wonder why Sierra (AFAIK) never included the AGI version in any King's Quest Collections.

(1) 1. Boomkat - Run Boy *10 weeks at #1*
(6) 2. Sugababes - No Can Do
(3) 3. Alex C. - Liebe Zu Dritt
(5) 4. Maksim - Luc^s^aja Hoc^'
(2) 5. Miro - Gubja Kontrol Kogato
Full chart
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

How would one know if they have the Disk version of AGI/SCI? I need to dig mine up and check.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Tawmis wrote:How would one know if they have the Disk version of AGI/SCI? I need to dig mine up and check.
Easy. The AGI version will have the file "AGI" and no .DRV files. The SCI will have the .DRV files and a RESOURCE.CFG.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

You can't tell by looking at the disk (version #s and such) - because I don't have a 3.5" drive yet (USB or otherwise). :)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

OK, without reading them. I would be interested in that myself, since I would like to snag the AGI version. Not all sellers are going to be able to tell the difference, so it would be nice to know what to ask them. When you dig them up, if you have the time, could you scan the AGI disks and upload the images?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Collector wrote:OK, without reading them. I would be interested in that myself, since I would like to snag the AGI version. Not all sellers are going to be able to tell the difference, so it would be nice to know what to ask them. When you dig them up, if you have the time, could you scan the AGI disks and upload the images?
Yeah - if they're AGI disks. I don't know if they are. That's why I was wondering if the Version # or something would be able to tell me.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

The end of the video suggested to look at the in-game version, poiting out the only versio 2.0 has the easter egg.
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
the_doctor
Sierra Lover

Post by the_doctor »

i'd think the AGI or SCI info would be on the disk labels.

I remember when I got my copy of KQ4 (it was SCI) they actually had a coupon to mail back to Sierra to get the AGI version as well. Wish I'd have done that now :)
Fender_178
Sierra Veteran

Post by Fender_178 »

Im glad that I could help every one out here.
FREEZE SCUM!!
Dark Jaguar
Noob

Post by Dark Jaguar »

I've got the AGI version of the game and watched that video a while back (it's removed now, though I can't understand why).

My version is 2.2 actually, so it's not just the "2.0" version that includes it. I will note one little difference. I thought mine must have been older, but if they have 2.0, then they must have removed this. In my room, the guy who's "just there because he wanted to be in the room" is missing from the scene. Other than that, it's the same.

Also, "beam me up" and "beam me down" work as well as "beam me", plus one can use any version of that command to leave as well as enter. Walking on the teleporting pad works as well as walking out the door to leave as well.

Further, at the very end of the AGI version you get a code. I suppose this was used for the contest.

There are a few very minor differences through the game. Some lines of dialog are missing (such as the narrator commenting on the dwarf getting two bowls of soup), and further, all the items in the game have full text descriptions when you look at them just as in the earlier KQ games. It's the one thing this game has (aside from the easter eggs) that the SCI version lacks.
Akril
Sierra Veteran

Post by Akril »

I forget if it's been mentioned here before or not, but there is another Easter Egg of sorts unique to the AGI version (this text is from Sierra Planet):
At the beginning of the game at the password screen, type CTRL + D and then PIRATE at the prompt. Either a message with the image of a pirate appears, or a message with a treasure chest of floppy diskettes. Pirate music, possibly from King's Quest 3, is heard in the background. This only works for the AGI version of the game.
The message that appears reads, "Your privileges to the game have been suspended because you are a pirate. Yo ho ho!"

(I thought a code appeared at the end of the SCI version too, though...)
Sierra's Resource Files - There is more to Sierra's games than meets the eye...
My Sierra fan art and fan fiction.

Return to “The King's Quest Series”