Importing a Character into Quest for Glory V

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
cymbolguy
Noob

Importing a Character into Quest for Glory V

Post by cymbolguy »

I've recently installed QFG5 onto my computer and installed all the patches. After all this, however, it won't let me import the character file (*.sav) that I created after completing QFG4. I put it in the Imports folder, and the game acknowledges that it's there, but every time I attempt to use it, it says that the file is invalid. I'm flustered and all but out of ideas--but I'm obsessive and want to use the same character I used for the first four. I have Windows XP Pro.

1. Does anyone know of anything that might be causing this?
2. Does someone know of a fan-made "Character File" editor? If I can't use the exact file, I want to create one with the exact traits. (See? Obsessive.)
3. Does anyone know how to modify *.sav files effectively using a hack-y method like manipulation in a hex editor or even in something like Notepad?
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: Importing a Character into Quest for Glory V

Post by Collector »

You can check this page, but it might not be exactly what you are looking for. You might also want to try this new installer for the game.

If you post your saved character here someone here can try to load it and create a save game based on it.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Hedegaard
Sierra Obsessed

Re: Importing a Character into Quest for Glory V

Post by Hedegaard »

As far as I remember (back in '98) Sierra shortly thereafter released a patch to import from QfG4 depending on if the character was saved as a DOS version or windows version.
As far as I recall, the DOS character export gave problems when importing into QfG5.

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”