TV Series

Talk about anything you want here
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Re: TV Series

Post by JasefWisener »

Don't really watch that much TV. Except for The Clone Wars, I mostly watch reruns of Seinfeld and King of Queens.

I watched Lost for the first couple of seasons, but it didn't interest me. 24's interesting when I can catch it, and so is Bones. I watched the first season of the Sarah Conner Chronicles and loved it, but I haven't been able to start the 2nd season yet.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Tawmis wrote: Have they even explained the numbers yet? The biggest hype of the show when LOST started and four (?) seasons in and there's nothing to explain the numbers that keep coming up. I bailed out.
Consider that my favorite TV show is Twin Peaks: I'm kinda used to the lack of explanation :P
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

AndreaDraco83 wrote:
Tawmis wrote: Have they even explained the numbers yet? The biggest hype of the show when LOST started and four (?) seasons in and there's nothing to explain the numbers that keep coming up. I bailed out.
Consider that my favorite TV show is Twin Peaks: I'm kinda used to the lack of explanation :P
:lol: And I'd never knock you for it. :) Was just explaining I was REALLY into LOST when it first started. So I was a fan! :)
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

You've to get back to it. Season 4 is wonderful!
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

AndreaDraco83 wrote:@Datadog: tell me, are you for Jack or for Locke or for another character? I'm a big fan of Sawyer! (and Ben) :P
I'm for Vincent. That dog is so awesome.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

:shock:

:o

That dog is hiding a secret, I know it for sure...
HarroSIN
Sierra Enthusiast

Post by HarroSIN »

I haven't watched television in a good while... just nothing that interesting on anymore. I missed the first few seasons of shows like 24 and Lost, so I plan on buying the boxsets and go through them before catching the new episodes. The only prime-time show I have taken interest in is Nip/Tuck. It's great, but the seasons are always rather shorter than other series. Other than that, my new 42-inch HDTV is collecting dust. :P
Visit my website for the Phantasmagoria 2 XP Installer (Phan2XP):
http://leonhart.us/
ThePudd
Sierra Fan

Post by ThePudd »

Eh...pretty much only snips of Chuck, some Flight of the Conchords, and The Colbert Report.
Watched the first Heroes Season, but for some reason I haven't caught up... :?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

ThePudd wrote:Eh...pretty much only snips of Chuck, some Flight of the Conchords, and The Colbert Report.
2nd season is kinda rough because it happened during the writer's strike which jacked things up... And I like Chuck... fun show - but behind on this season (they're on the DVR, however).
ThePudd
Sierra Fan

Post by ThePudd »

Tawmis wrote:
ThePudd wrote:Eh...pretty much only snips of Chuck, some Flight of the Conchords, and The Colbert Report.
2nd season is kinda rough because it happened during the writer's strike which jacked things up... And I like Chuck... fun show - but behind on this season (they're on the DVR, however).

Yeah, the writer's strike came at rather an inopportune time...I might end up getting the DVD of the 2nd season, just not sure whether it'll be worth it. (probably not)
So far, I'm still catching up on the first season of Chuck, but I've enjoyed it so far.
therogue
Sierra Veteran

Post by therogue »

Currently some of my favourite tv series are Pushing Daisies (Emerson! is most definately for the win), Battlestar Galactica (current version), Deadwood and Carnivale (sniff, if only they hadn't been cancelled)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

HEROES is on the verge of losing me... just caught up to the last few episodes... Getting tired of what they're doing...
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

I've been enjoying Heroes a great deal, but I have to admit that the first season was my favourite and the rest not as much.

I also really like Ugly Betty. The charcters are so over-the-top they're hilarious. Thankfully, it's supposed to be over-the-top and they don't take themselves too seriously.

Other than that, there isn't a lot I watch. In fact, this is the first year in a few years that I've actually had a TV. Other than the shows above, the occasional movie, and Animal Planet. There isn't much that interests me.
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
the_doctor
Sierra Lover

Post by the_doctor »

I have been watching heroes as well, this season is not on par with the 1st but if they can get past this overpopulation in each episode ... they're cramming. they need to spilt it up and have them spread out the different storylines a little.

Other than that, Stargate Atlantis, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures, ... and i need to catch up on the 3 CSIs, i'm way behind with those.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

My problem with Heroes is...

Will make font small so ye have to Quote to see it... don't want to spoil it.

They have killed off so many characters, that when Parkman and the Speedster (forgot her name, but love her character) faked their death, I was like, "Big deal." And then when they threw Peter out a window (I knew he wasn't going to die), but the idea of death has been pushed SO much this time - it's like I just don't care. Not to mention they killed characters I actually really liked and wanted to see more of - mainly Adam. So my interest has rapidly been falling. If something happens to Elle - that may be it for me and HEROES.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”