[Masquerade Locked] About The 2nd Annual Ball Thread

"MASQ Of Eternity" is our traditional Halloween event. It's essentially a "Virtual Masquerade." Please see the FAQ in the forum.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

[Masquerade Locked] About The 2nd Annual Ball Thread

Post by Tawmis »

Welcome, my children... welcome to the darkness of night... Welcome to the Month of Halloween... Don your mask... find a secret persona... and come, come my children and have fun at the ...

Second Annual Masquerade Ball Thread!

For the new folks, the idea behind the Masquerade Ball Thread is to create a new persona on the forum, with a new avatar and everything (the persona can go as far as having a totally different trait than you... maybe the persona is a horrible speller... types in all caps... doesn't use any form of punctuation... "talks" with some kind of southern accent... it's entirely up to you!) By the time Halloween Day arrives, everyone takes a guess at who everyone is! You only post as that persona IN THIS THREAD (not outside this thread) - outside this thread, please use your NORMAL USERNAME!

Collector and I can see everyone's IP address, so we can't guess who is who when the Ball ends... but we may be in this thread disguised as someone else!

When you sign up for the new persona (so that actual real email addys don't need to be used) - please sign up with the email address of USERNAME@SIERRAHELP.COM. Naturally you fill out the "USERNAME" part for the user name to be the same username that the persona will have on the forum... (so for example, if you were going to use the user name of "Jungle Jim" you'd sign up with "JungleJim@sierrahelp.com") this will make it easier for Collector and I to approve the Masquerade Ball accounts.

(Thank you Jules for reminding me!) This thread is "Stickied" until the Ball ends.

Edit (Collector): The official Masquerade Ball Thread is now in the Miscellaneous Chatter forum. Only post any issues or suggestions about it here.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Re: About The Second Annual Masquerade Ball Thread

Post by AndreaDraco »

Yay the Masquerade Ball! :D

I'll have to think carefully about my Halloween persona.
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Don't forget to add "*" to the beginning of the user name. Tawm, you can edit your first post to include this.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

audiodane
A Member Of Cap'n Tawmis' Scurvy Crew

Post by audiodane »

So I assume these 'fake users' are removed after the ball is sufficiently over? (seems logical)

..dane
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

Won't there be a problem with the characters being able to enter the "Behind Closed Doors" forum?
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

audiodane wrote:So I assume these 'fake users' are removed after the ball is sufficiently over? (seems logical)
That is why masquerade accounts should start with the "*". It keeps them identifiable from other new accounts.
JasefWisener wrote:Won't there be a problem with the characters being able to enter the "Behind Closed Doors" forum?
Already a known issue. A copy of this thread will be made in the Miscellaneous Chatter forum. I just don't want the email address part in the open forum.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

Collector wrote:
JasefWisener wrote:Won't there be a problem with the characters being able to enter the "Behind Closed Doors" forum?
Already a known issue. A copy of this thread will be made in the Miscellaneous Chatter forum. I just don't want the email address part in the open forum.
Makes perfect sense. Just making sure.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me

Return to “MASQ Of Eternity”