The Last Note Played (Say Farewell To Guitar Hero!)

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The Last Note Played (Say Farewell To Guitar Hero!)

Post by Tawmis »

DeadPoolX wrote:I think what BBP meant is that no matter how complex or "realistic" a game like Guitar Hero or Rock Band, there's a huge difference between hitting buttons on a guitar-shaped controller and playing a real guitar.

Games don't teach you how to do real life stuff. You'd never learn driving or a sport by playing a video game. This only further enforces how ridiculous it is when anti-game pundits call First-Person Shooters "murder simulators." If you've ever used a gun, you know that pressing a mouse button is nothing like actually using a real firearm.
I get that, but the PRO GUITAR actually has "six strings" (or something that simulates the six strings) rather than "4 buttons"...

More here:
http://www.laptopdrv.net/2010/06/17/roc ... r-eyes-on/
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Re: The Last Note Played (Say Farewell To Guitar Hero!)

Post by QuestCollector »

I only bought the Guitar Hero games and played Rock Band several times at other people's homes. Most people I know seem to prefer Rock Band but I always liked Guitar Hero a lot more. I bought GH2, 3, Metallica, World Tour and Smash Hits.

I hated the guitar that Rock Band came with because in between the buttons there is this bar of plastic and I would always hit it with my fingers trying to slide to another button. That's the actual reason I bought Guitar Hero instead. I even participated in a few tournaments around here at clubs and such. Never won but came close a few times. They usually did the tournament in a bracket form like March Madness. The highest I ever made it was in the top four.

Learning expert honestly wasn't very difficult to learn at all. When you compete against friends a few nights, you get the hang of it quickly. So far there is only one song I have never beaten on all the GH games so far and thats Through the Fire and Flames - Dragonforce. The song is sick hard at the beginning.

To an extent I'm going to miss seeing these games come out but I'll forget about them quickly. The biggest problem with Activision is it bleeds every drop out of every franchise it owns. I mean look at the CoD games, I'm almost sick of them now since 2003 they've made CoD, 2, 3, Modern Warfare, World at War, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops and some really pathetic titles that came out on PS2. They did the same thing with Guitar Hero. It seemed like there were new games coming out for it every six months. And at $60 a pop, it gets to expensive.

Still I'm glad that I own a few of them. I love going back and playing the fun songs (Take me Out, Stellar, Killer Queen, Miss Murder and so many more)

Return to “Non-Sierra Games & Help”