AGDI Unveils King's Quest III Redux!

Is the game being a ROYAL pain? Need a hint? Got a problem? This is the place to discuss King's Quest!
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Re: AGDI Unveils King's Quest III Redux!

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Yeah, it's Inspector Gadget :). I'm surprised not many have noticed it yet. You're only the second person I've seen so far that picked up on it.

As for the "Royal Family being tied to a dark society", if you mean what I think you mean then...mmmm...yyyyeeah sort of. But not in the way that TSL does it. In TSL the connection goes a lot deeper in that it was predestined/prophesied. In AGDI's canon the Royal Family has no connection at all beyond the initial encounter in KQ2+ which, due to Graham's victory, causes them problems in the following games. Nothing beyond that, though. They're just the unlucky sods to have to deal with The Father in this point in time.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Erpy
Noob

Post by Erpy »

The third actually. Someone on the AGS forums was the first one to mention it.

Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Yeah, it's Inspector Gadget :). I'm surprised not many have noticed it yet. You're only the second person I've seen so far that picked up on it.
Awesome. Never thought I'd hear that tune in a KQ game. :)
As for the "Royal Family being tied to a dark society", if you mean what I think you mean then...mmmm...yyyyeeah sort of. But not in the way that TSL does it. In TSL the connection goes a lot deeper in that it was predestined/prophesied. In AGDI's canon the Royal Family has no connection at all beyond the initial encounter in KQ2+ which, due to Graham's victory, causes them problems in the following games. Nothing beyond that, though. They're just the unlucky sods to have to deal with The Father in this point in time.
That's close to what I'm thinking of. It's Harry Potter syndrome - where everything is all part of a big magic conspiracy that carries on throughout the series (forcing me to re-watch all the previous movies whenever a new one comes out, so I don't forget the important details.) I guess I'll have to replay KQ2+ just to recap on what's going on in AGDI's canon.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I only just found out about this! :lol: (Well, it's understandable given that I was never a big fan of KQ - the only game I finished in the KQ series was KQ5, although I played KQ1-5 and never finished any of them from KQ1 to KQ4, but...) ;)

It looks pretty darn excellent. In my experience of Sierra games, I've played and finished LSL1-7, PQ1 and PQ2, QfG1-5, SQ1-3... is the King's Quest series worth a try? I haven't played it in ages. :D

Thinking about it now though... :)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Never played what many call the greatest Sierra game. The best Sierra game is usually cited as any one of the 4 great games of Jane Jensen. Hang your head in shame until you have played KQ6.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Return to “The King's Quest Series”