Help finding Mask of Eternity and Roberta Williams Anthology

Where to Find Sierra classic games. Please note: Most of the Sierra games have areas on the forum designated for them! If you have an issue with one of the Sierra games, please post them in the correct forum!
Daventry
Sierra Fan

Help finding Mask of Eternity and Roberta Williams Anthology

Post by Daventry »

Hey guys,

I've been looking for a new, mint copy of Mask of Eternity (the American, "big-box" version) and a new, mint copy of Roberta Williams Anthology (probably close to impossible, I know). I've searched for over a year on both Ebay and Amazon with no luck. :(

Does anyone here have either of these which they would be willing to part with? I'd be willing to pay a generous amount for either title.

Thanks!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Help finding Mask of Eternity and Roberta Williams Antho

Post by Tawmis »

I know the Roberta Williams Anthology pops up on ebay from time to time, because I keep considering to get it just for the games like Mystery House and such that are included on it, but finances being what they are - I've had to hold off.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Tawmis wrote:I know the Roberta Williams Anthology pops up on ebay from time to time, because I keep considering to get it just for the games like Mystery House and such that are included on it, but finances being what they are - I've had to hold off.
You could get the 2nd KQ collection. The Collection Series has all of the extra games, too. The main difference between the RWA and 2nd collection is that the RWA also has the first chapter of Phantasmagoria and the AGI and VGA versions of Mixed-up Mother Goose and the 2nd KQ collection has Mixed-up Mother Goose Deluxe. Both have all of her other games.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Daventry
Sierra Fan

Post by Daventry »

Hey Tawmis, thanks for your reply!

Have you ever seen a new/mint version of RWA on Ebay? I know there are always a few up for sale, but either it's in a torn-up box or with no box/manual at all. I've never seen a nice copy on Ebay, let alone a new one.

There's one new RWA for sale on Amazon, but it's the UK edition and there are a few dents to the box (I asked the seller for some pictures).

It's weird because I've recently found pristine, unopened copies of Shivers, Phantasmagoria, The King's Quest Collector's Edition (the original one in the pink box), and Mixed Up Mother Goose Deluxe. I know RWA was produced in limited quantities, but I would've thought that at least Mask would be easier to come by, considering it was made a few years after all those other games I mentioned.
Daventry
Sierra Fan

Post by Daventry »

Collector wrote:
Tawmis wrote:I know the Roberta Williams Anthology pops up on ebay from time to time, because I keep considering to get it just for the games like Mystery House and such that are included on it, but finances being what they are - I've had to hold off.
You could get the 2nd KQ collection. The Collection Series has all of the extra games, too. The main difference between the RWA and 2nd collection is that the RWA also has the first chapter of Phantasmagoria and the AGI and VGA versions of Mixed-up Mother Goose and the 2nd KQ collection has Mixed-up Mother Goose Deluxe. Both have all of her other games.
Hey Collector, you're right, but I haven't been able to find the second KQ Collection either. :(

I guess I should note that I'm looking for mint versions of these games, because I'm a bit OCD in general but especially so when it comes to my Sierra collection. About two years ago I set off on a mission to obtain sealed, mint copies of all my favorite Sierra games (basically all the RW games). (I had just graduated from college and finally had my own money to spend.) I just wish I had come to this decision sooner, because finding nicely preserved Sierra games these days is nearly impossible. I'm still shocked I found those four I mentioned above, which is the only thing that still gives me some hope.

EDIT: Oops, I just noticed that your response was for Tawmis. Sorry!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Daventry wrote:EDIT: Oops, I just noticed that your response was for Tawmis. Sorry!
Yeah, If someone says they are looking for new/mint copies, I have to assume it is specific and for collection purposes. Tawm just said he wanted the extra games, so I was offering him an alternative. The 2nd collection goes for far less than the RWA.

Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Daventry
Sierra Fan

Post by Daventry »

Thanks for scouting that out! I've seen that one before though, apparently there are some markings on the box that are less than ideal.

It's kind of embarrassing to admit it, but I have really severe OCD when it comes to my Sierra collection -- I like the box to be in really amazing (i.e. perfect) shape, which I know is unreasonable considering that most of these games are 15+ years old now. But knowing that it's still *possible* (e.g. how I found the first King's Quest Collector's Edition a few months ago) only fuels this perfectionism.... maybe I need to see a psychologist. :oops:

In any case, I really appreciate you looking out for me. I've seen all the current Ebay and Amazon listings, but please let me know if you see anything else pop up there or elsewhere in the future. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Daventry wrote: It's kind of embarrassing to admit it, but I have really severe OCD when it comes to my Sierra collection
There's nothing wrong with that in my book. When it's Collection purposes, it's completely sane to be OCD (and prideful) of the Collection.
Daventry
Sierra Fan

Post by Daventry »

Thanks Tawmis! It's good to know there are people who can relate to my passion.
Aroenai
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Aroenai »

Necroposting but...

The copy of Mask of Eternity that ended up saving me hours of headaches was actually in a completely beat up box that reeked of smoke and had the disc tucked in the manual instead of a jewel case. Before that I didn't even know that v1.0.0.3 discs existed, or even that they inadvertently included the developer's build that didn't have most of the CD detection code that made life so much easier trying to run it on my netbook-esque Sony laptop.

You never know what treasures lurk behind the battered boxes.

Return to “This Old Game”