The Brainless Box (aka Television Shows)

Talk about anything you want here
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Re: The Brainless Box (aka Television Shows)

Post by AndreaDraco »

For those who are watching... what did you think of last night episode of Game of Thrones? It has to be my favorite so far! ;)

I absolutely adore anything involving Daenerys and Drogo.
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
therogue
Sierra Veteran

Post by therogue »

:lol: The ending of this weeks ep had me going :shock: still it couldn't have happened to a more deserving character.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

AndreaDraco wrote: I absolutely adore anything involving Daenerys and Drogo.
So... I loved what happened. I cheered. It's been a long time coming.

That said, HOWEVER, I am concerned... because now that a certain thing has been eliminated... that makes me wonder what will be there for the contrast... unless they move into War very soon (which is entirely possibly considering how all the pieces are falling into place).
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

I thought it was awesome as well. I'm really enjoying the series so far.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Tawmis wrote:
That said, HOWEVER, I am concerned... because now that a certain thing has been eliminated... that makes me wonder what will be there for the contrast... unless they move into War very soon (which is entirely possibly considering how all the pieces are falling into place).
You'll be very, very, very surprised! ;)
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Once again... What did you guys think of last night's episode? Did you enjoy it? Were you shocked? :D
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

The new season of Breaking Bad started tonight. It is as grimly hilarious as ever.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I'm watching it tonight! Can't wait!
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I'm about to say something about the fourth season finale of True Blood.

DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE EPISODE. REALLY!

After an incredibly disappointing season, the finale blew me away! They killed TARA! A series regular from day one. The last ten minutes were packed full with cliffhangers and I could barely seat. And it looks like Russell Edgington has escaped from his grave! Yay for the King of Mississippi! But they killed also Jesus, and Nan, and Debbie. AND TARA! Not that I particularly liked the character, but I was shocked!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

AndreaDraco wrote:I'm about to say something about the fourth season finale of True Blood.

DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE EPISODE. REALLY!

After an incredibly disappointing season, the finale blew me away! They killed TARA! A series regular from day one. The last ten minutes were packed full with cliffhangers and I could barely seat. And it looks like Russell Edgington has escaped from his grave! Yay for the King of Mississippi! But they killed also Jesus, and Nan, and Debbie. AND TARA! Not that I particularly liked the character, but I was shocked!
Somehow I knew you'd post about this.
So to me, the season started off horrible. I almost stopped watching it, because of the whole Fairy part in the beginning. Once they moved past that, and got moving on with the whole time's been going forward; and started with the Witch thing - then I actually really began enjoying this season. I rather liked it once they introduced the Witch (and all that she was going to do, what she could do, the merging, the effects of it, the whole thing with Lafayette and such).
While I was shocked - very shocked, that they actually killed Tara - I sensed it, a little before hand, when she said, "I hope I can sit at that table with you..." I knew right then, that she was going to die. I didn't know how or why, but I knew her fate was sealed. The more shocking one - and far more devastating one to me was Jesus.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Jesus' death was a punch in the stomach, but I knew since last episode that he wasn't going to make it. I knew Marnie would have wanted revenge for his "betrayal." And yes, Tara's line about growing old with Sookie was a giveaway - you must never say something like this, especially in an "horror" series - but I was still shocked that they killed off a series regular.

Also, to me the season is a complete mess, but I fairly enjoyed the last three episodes or so. Except for that fairy bit with Maurelle and Andy. I hate faeries on this show.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

AndreaDraco wrote:Jesus' death was a punch in the stomach, but I knew since last episode that he wasn't going to make it. I knew Marnie would have wanted revenge for his "betrayal." And yes, Tara's line about growing old with Sookie was a giveaway - you must never say something like this, especially in an "horror" series - but I was still shocked that they killed off a series regular. Also, to me the season is a complete mess, but I fairly enjoyed the last three episodes or so. Except for that fairy bit with Maurelle and Andy. I hate faeries on this show.
It's not that I dislike fairies on the show; I just... I don't know. The first three episodes or whatever, just about drove me nuts. I think because it lacked all the other characters. I am curious to see if the thing with Andy and the Fairy pans out to be something next season. And as for Tara being dead... I don't know if I would rule her out as dead yet. Amiee pointed out how that scene with her holding Tara is a mimic of the scene when she was holding her grandmother in the kitchen. Tara though could - technically be saved. So I haven't ruled her out as dead, not because I don't want her to die, but because she was such a regular. Imagine a twist if say Bill or Eric saved her life, by some kind of blood transfusion; and all that hatred she has towards vampires, and now she's saved by them; and possibly influenced to think of them constantly because of the blood transfusion or something... I don't know, since Tara was "killed" at the end, and there was no time to officially see her as "dead"... I am not sure we can mark her off yet.
therogue
Sierra Veteran

Post by therogue »

Don't know if anyone here also watched Spartacus:Blood and Sand (surprisingly awesome and engaging after the appalling first two episodes)

Anyway, I was totally gutted to read that the star of the show, Andy Whitfield has passed away at 39 due to non-Hodgkins lymphoma. :(

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/09/12/sta ... re_twitter
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I didn't watch the show, but I read the news today. A tragedy.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Did someone see Sarah Michelle Gellar's new show, Ringer, last night on the CW?

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”