Phantasmagoria 2 Full HDD Installer

Feeling like you're being haunted? Well, if you look in here, you may find (or at least post for some help!) the answers you're looking for - for the Phantasmagoria games!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Phantasmagoria 2 Full HDD Installer

Post by Collector »

I was hesitant about making an installer for A Puzzle of Flesh, since HarroSIN had written a new installer for this game that uses DOSBox as well as jafa's Phantasmagoria II Squirt the Cat Windows installer. In addition to which I am not sure how much demand there is for solutions for Phant 2, since it is not nearly as popular as Phant 1.
Both of these new installers work well, however, neither allow for full hard drive installation. This initial version of the Phantasmagoria II SHP installer makes use of Enrico Rolfi's (Endroz) UniSCI tool to concatenate all 5 CDs into the installed folder for CD-less play. No more disc swapping. It will detect which version of the game that you have and if it finds the original Windows only version 001.0.000 it will patch in Sierra's DOS interpreter, so it can be played in DOSBox, which should give smoother game play as well the ability to play either in a window or full screen. As with all of the SHP installers it includes a DOSBox configuration utility and a high rez icon for Vista/Windows 7.

I am not sure if I will go through the trouble of making a DVD conversion utility or a new compatible AutoRun. I may change my mind if there is demand, though.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Return to “The Phantasmagoria Games”