3-D Ultra Pinball 1 in DOSBox

It's time to get Ultra!
Rudy
Village Elder

3-D Ultra Pinball 1 in DOSBox

Post by Rudy »

Trying to record it, but it won't start under Windows 3.1 under DOSBox. It's impossible to record under XP with ScreenRecorderGold because it plays choppy and kinda needs... well... accuracy. Sigh... don't know why it doesn't run under the system it was designed for. Could it be the video driver I installed under Windows 3.1? I'd hate to skip video demonstrations on my site.

On another note, I'm in contact with the designer of the 3-D Ultra series, Kyle Miller. He's providing some interesting insight into te development of the games, as well as some concept art :).
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Expack3
Sierra Obsessed

Re: 3-D Ultra Pinball 1 in DOSBox

Post by Expack3 »

Rudy wrote:Trying to record it, but it won't start under Windows 3.1 under DOSBox. It's impossible to record under XP with ScreenRecorderGold because it plays choppy and kinda needs... well... accuracy. Sigh... don't know why it doesn't run under the system it was designed for. Could it be the video driver I installed under Windows 3.1? I'd hate to skip video demonstrations on my site.

On another note, I'm in contact with the designer of the 3-D Ultra series, Kyle Miller. He's providing some interesting insight into te development of the games, as well as some concept art :).
Have you tried compiling the latest developmental DOSBox build and using that to run Windows 3.x? I found that doing so can fix various issues with Windows 3.x games, including those related to WinG. For a non-Sierra example, the original (non-GOG.com) version of The Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time will not run under Windows 3.x using DOSBox 0.74 due to WinG errors, but using a developmental DOSBox build fixed this, allowing me to play the game from beginning to end without a hitch!
You like manuals. You like manuals. You love them. You cannot resist manuals.
Your gameplay experience is meaningless without manuals.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Perhaps it is time for me to look a Ultra Pinball 1.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

That'd be awesome.
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.

Return to “3-D Ultra”