New Acquisitions Thread (image heavy)

Where to Find Sierra classic games. Please note: Most of the Sierra games have areas on the forum designated for them! If you have an issue with one of the Sierra games, please post them in the correct forum!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: New Acquisitions Thread (image heavy)

Post by Tawmis »

D2Legend wrote:if you played computer games back then, you were a sierra freak. that was the best gaming experience you could get back then. oh there were other companies that produced games that could hold their own with sierra, but not many. i honestly can not think i a single person that had a computer back then that did not have sierra games. sad thing about sierra, this is just my opinion, when they started to stop making the adventure games, the quality of their games started to get worse and worse. i think that they sealed their fate when they tried to move away from what made them #1 in the first place. i still have not found another company that i loved as much as i did sierra, and when i try to think of one, i seem to just come up with other companies that we around when sierra was. the games they make now just don't have the story or depth they included in games back then. just my opinion.
Well, before getting purchased by EA, I'd say BIOWARE was an amazing company. Not on par with Sierra - but a lot of that could be childhood nostalgia that prevent any company from coming close. (Just like I don't think any writer will ever top J.R.R. Tolkien for me, because it was THE HOBBIT that introduced me to the world of books and reading and the desire to write... and why, for example, the original STAR WARS will probably never be beat movie wise for me, because they hold a very nostalgic place for me)...
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Here's some pictures of the recent and not so recent acquisitions I've gotten from eBay and Value Village (mostly the latter). I did, however, recently get SQ4 on CD and the 5.25" boxed version (I also recently bought the 3.5" disks as well, they'll be in soon). It would have been cool to have the 256 colour version on 3.5" disks and the 16-colour version on 5.25" disks so I could have all three versions in one box. Can't wait to increase my box collection, though, which I will be doing more now! I've already got SQ1 (with the ship and screenshot) and now SQ4. I thought I remembered having the SQ2 box long ago but it must have been lost to the ages. Oh well. Can always replace.

I'm surprised at how great the condition these CDs were in. Barely any scratches. Value Village is a gold mine!
games.jpg
sq4.jpg
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

MusicallyInspired wrote:Value Village is a gold mine!
Why can't there be a Value Village around here...
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

I see that I fixed the Bladerunner installer just in time.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

piesel
Noob

Post by piesel »

gat wrote:
piesel wrote:Some pictures from my collection:

I was just going back through some of these posts, and saw your Return to Krondor game, with a map of the game world. When I purchased the game, no map came with it, and am wondering if anyone else has ever seen this map?
Maybe not all copies came with the map, but it's strange. I did a quick check on ebay and i haven't seen a copy with the map........
D2Legend
Sierra Freak

Post by D2Legend »

Collector wrote:I see that I fixed the Bladerunner installer just in time.

ohhhhh you have a blade runner installer too!! i need it too!! :)
Tawmis wrote:Well, before getting purchased by EA, I'd say BIOWARE was an amazing company. Not on par with Sierra - but a lot of that could be childhood nostalgia that prevent any company from coming close. (Just like I don't think any writer will ever top J.R.R. Tolkien for me, because it was THE HOBBIT that introduced me to the world of books and reading and the desire to write... and why, for example, the original STAR WARS will probably never be beat movie wise for me, because they hold a very nostalgic place for me)...
oh i am sure it has something to do with being nostalgic, but it became that way because they were really good games. i played other stuff back then too but don't feel the same way about them. either way, i still feel sierra put out some of the best quality of games. i loved legend and ssi too, but after those all the other companies just put out a few games here and there i liked. but almost every sierra game was a winner to me.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

D2Legend wrote: oh i am sure it has something to do with being nostalgic, but it became that way because they were really good games. i played other stuff back then too but don't feel the same way about them. either way, i still feel sierra put out some of the best quality of games. i loved legend and ssi too, but after those all the other companies just put out a few games here and there i liked. but almost every sierra game was a winner to me.
That's why we're all here. :lol:
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Indeed. :) Sierra was the cream of the crop.

Thought I'd add this pic of all my Space Quest stuff so far that I posted on the JT. I really need to find the manual and Kerona coupon from SQ1, though. I have them somewhere.
sqcol.jpg
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
D2Legend
Sierra Freak

Post by D2Legend »

i wish i still had all my boxes. :(

i got these in the mail yesterday.

Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
FD820002.JPG
Realms of Arkania: Star Trail
FD820003.JPG
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

I no longer have a good camera, which is why I usually just scan game boxes and stuff.
SQ.png
One of the SQ1 SCI is EGA and the other is VGA. I still need the SQ1 black box, the box and manual for the Collection Series, and the first collection. I don't have the box for SQ4CD, but that is pretty low priority since I have the floppy version box and extras. Of the standalone publications, all I have is SQ5 Hint Book and the Space Quest Companion.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

D2Legend
Sierra Freak

Post by D2Legend »

i am so jealous of you guys!!! i have never even seen the sq saga release b4.
piesel
Noob

Post by piesel »

D2Legend wrote:i wish i still had all my boxes. :(

Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
FD820002.JPG
FD820003.JPG
That Callahan Crosstime Saloon makes me so jealous....... :D , usually i see it on ebay for insane prices, wonder if i'll ever be able to put my hands on a complete boxed copy.........
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

D2Legend wrote:i wish i still had all my boxes. :(

FD820003.JPG
Best. RPG. Ever.

Do you know how big of a fan I am of the ROA series?
D2Legend
Sierra Freak

Post by D2Legend »

Tawmis wrote:Best. RPG. Ever.

Do you know how big of a fan I am of the ROA series?

it was a good series. that one completes my set. now i have all 3 on cd. but sadly thats the only on with a box. (kicks self again) :(
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

D2Legend wrote:...but sadly thats the only on with a box. (kicks self again) :(
I did the same thing in the late nineties, chopped up some 40 to 50 boxes :? . Totally regretted it afterwards :x . No worries though, you'll end up buying the complete versions again and expand your collection further ;).
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.

Return to “This Old Game”