Al wants “infringing” Kickstarter campaign taken down

Slipping into your Leisure Suit? Need tips? Or just want to discuss Leisure Suit Larry (Ladies, try to keep the swooning to a minimum, please!) - this is the place to do it!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Al wants “infringing” Kickstarter campaign taken down

Post by Tawmis »

If they really go through with this, I will be greatly disappointed. And in the future, would not support Replay Games...
Not that one tiny person matters, however. But I think they're going overboard. The Sam Suede KS page has completely revamped everything on their page. Taken down LSL references and images. And now says based on the game Al Lowe worked on.
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

I'm more thinking about a counter suit, Tawmis. This story isn't done yet if you ask me, though I hope I'm wrong about it. Too many buckazoids, IP questions, media attention and egos involved.
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rudy wrote:I'm more thinking about a counter suit, Tawmis. This story isn't done yet if you ask me, though I hope I'm wrong about it. Too many buckazoids, IP questions, media attention and egos involved.
Well, the person who posted "u need a lawyer" ( :roll: ) - I think they're saying Paul needs one to sue the folks who are doing Sam Suede.

I hope Sam Suede wins. And gets much more attention out of all of this. To think, I didn't even know there was a Sam Suede KS until I saw Paul Trowe's post on FB. It's given it a lot of attention.

As they say, the only bad publicity is your own tombstone.
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

It probably won't matter anyway. $7000 after 4 or 5 days with a $500K target... not going to happen.
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Well, I am probably going to back it (not that it's gonna help) but as soon as the TGA KS is done, I will probably promote the Sam Suede one. :)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Apparently some are attributing some derogatory posts on various boards to Paul Trowe. I just wish people would be a little slower to draw conclusions. A post on the janitorialtimes by a mod from the Replay forums may shed a little light on it.
FYI I am a MOD on the Replay boards and there were accounts made by the same person IP address from Chicago, same city as Ken from Wisecrack games spreading the rumors that Paul Trowe was ironically creating acounts to complain about Widecrack games... SOOO the mods here might wanna look into all these new accounts posting about this story.

One thing I do know for sure is that people ARE trying to convince people this is a real thing and trying to get them to demand their money back.. We also know that already wisecrack games tried tricking people into thinking Al Lowe was part of their game.

Food for thought.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

That's pretty silly about Wisecrack trying to "trick" people into thinking Al Lowe was working on Sam Suede. I saw the original KS page, before all of this poop started slinging around - I had no preconceived notion that Al Lowe was working on Sam Suede.

If people would just think for themselves for a moment... :roll:

But I suppose that'd be asking too much in this attention deficient world...

Return to “The Leisure Suit Larry Series”