Just picked up S & M: The Devil's Playground...

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Just picked up S & M: The Devil's Playground...

Post by Rath Darkblade »

S & M, of course, being Sam & Max - not the 'other' kind of S & M. :P (Get your mind out of the gutter!) :lol:

A local shop, EB Games (which used to be Electronic Boutique, many years ago), is having an end-of-financial year sale. So I managed to pick up Sam & Max: The Devil's Playground for just $9. :D Yay! Bargain! :D

Has anyone else played this game? What did you think of it? I remember playing Sam & Max: Freelance Police, and was very impressed and amused by it, which is why I thought SM: TDP worth a try - and at $9 a pop, it's a bargain. What are your views? Did I land a bargain, or just pick up an oldie game? ;)
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Re: Just picked up S & M: The Devil's Playground...

Post by Datadog »

You played "Freelance Police"? I'm assuming you mean "Hit the Road" or "Season 1". "Freelance Police" was the canceled LucasArts game.

"The Devil's Playground" is a pretty astounding adventure overall in spite of some nitpicking on my part. The game gets very creative with its use of powers in the puzzles (especially in Episode 2) and the story takes some surprising, dramatic and very epic twists as it progresses. Something tells me that the people at Telltale were really into "Doctor Who" at the time they were writing it.
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

Devil's playground was my first experience with the whole episode thing, I was against it at first because I had the misconception that they took a whole game and cut it into pieces in order to earn more money. The people i was freelance reviewing for at the time game me the game and I have to say that i absolutely LOVED it. I was less happy about the new interface and the hints were unnecesary and annoying at times, but I loved the humor and the stories.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Isn't it The Devil's Playhouse?
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Datadog wrote:You played "Freelance Police"? I'm assuming you mean "Hit the Road" or "Season 1". "Freelance Police" was the canceled LucasArts game.
Uh, yes - I meant "Sam & Max Hit the Road". My mistake.
Musically Inspired wrote:Isn't it The Devil's Playhouse?
Yes, I misread the box. You're right.

Return to “Non-Sierra Games & Help”