Fascination

Rakeesh
Sierra Obsessed

Fascination

Post by Rakeesh »

Anybody has gone through this game?

I found the 'sexy' factor of the game a little biased and immature, although some references can be funny. And the ending, quite original but pathetic in general.

Actually I thought it was quite hollow compared to other adventure games of the time.

And, like several other French-made games, the English translation can be a little hilarious sometimes :)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: Fascination

Post by Collector »

Even though I tend to like the Coktel Vision games, this one falls short for me. I have tried to play though a couple of times, but gave up.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

Not a big fan of Coktel Vision. Last Dynasty is ok, Urban Runner and Lost in Time are acceptable. Goblins, Inca... meh... I don't know... Never played Fascination. I always wondered if it's the same protagonist as in Lost in Time. They're both named Doralice, aren't they?
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Rakeesh
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Rakeesh »

Good question! Actually no, the woman in F is Doralice May, while the one in LIT is Doralice Prunelier
marlene55m
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by marlene55m »

Collector wrote:Even though I tend to like the Coktel Vision games, this one falls short for me. I have tried to play though a couple of times, but gave up.
I didn't even know about this game after someone who had watched my Let's Play: Lost in Time pointed out to this prequel. Although I knew that the Coktel folks made weird stuff, this one was really, really strange. Somehow I managed to play through it, and with the help of a friend, even made another LP from it.

Beside "Inca", another Coktel game which I never finished (or better put, not even really got over the first 5 minutes) was the prequel to "Ween: The Prophecy", called "The Legend of Djel". Huh? :-)
Akril
Sierra Veteran

Post by Akril »

Wow -- I never knew there was a prequel to Ween: The Prophecy. Nice find, Marlene!

For all of the surreality, weirdness and insane difficulty in most of Coktel Vision's games, though, I still find a strange sort of charm to most of them. Still, I haven't felt motivated to give Fascination a try yet. (It does seem odd that the protagonists of Lost in Time and Fascination would have the same first name -- I wonder if it's some sort of in-joke whose meaning has been lost to the ages.)
Sierra's Resource Files - There is more to Sierra's games than meets the eye...
My Sierra fan art and fan fiction.
marlene55m
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by marlene55m »

I can't even remember how I found "The Legend of Djel" :-)

As for Fascination, I would probably have never found it if one of my "Let's Play: Lost in Time" viewers hadn't pointed out to this game. As for the weirdness and charm in *most* of the Coktel games, I totally agree. But I really thought that both Doralices were the same... and who knows, maybe they are? In Fascination, Dora's last name was May, and she was a pilot, in LiT, she was a de la Prunelière, occupation unknown. Maybe she had been married to someone named May and divorced (having drawn a lot of money from her ex?), and in LiT had her maiden name back? LOL... with Coktel games, nearly everything was possible :-)

Return to “The Coktel Visions Games”