Leisure Suit Larry: Yank Hers Away-- A TP-like Remake Prop.

Slipping into your Leisure Suit? Need tips? Or just want to discuss Leisure Suit Larry (Ladies, try to keep the swooning to a minimum, please!) - this is the place to do it!
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Re: Leisure Suit Larry: Yank Hers Away-- A TP-like Remake Pr

Post by Moon Dragon »

Lounge Lizard wrote: Thanks for liking my drawing, Moon Dragon! (And all you other young dudes too ;) ). TP is my favorite adventure game too, and for a while I didn't play the LSL games either until midway in college. I kept imagining the LSL games being more like TP. It was a bit of a shock to see how the gameplay actually worked, but I still found them awesome.

LSL7 is much more advanced than either TP or KQ7 (they all share same cartoon style), and while I love it, I think it could use a bit of a fan reinterpretation. To me, the characters on the vessel are a bit like the residents of Tenebrous: a bunch of weird looking people who live in a seemingly bizarre plane of existence. Larry is like a middle-aged adolescent minded horny version of Torin, and I think the PMS Bouncy could use an TP-like enhancement in its interiors.
You're welcome :-). And considering the way Torin looks at the princess' chest area, I'd say he could very much grow up to become a guy like Larry :P .
Tawmis wrote:
dodginess wrote:
Tawmis wrote:
Moon Dragon wrote:Nice drawing :-D. Haven't played LSL, but I loved TP.
You've never played any LSL, MD?
I thought everyone in the known universe had played LSL, usually by about the age of 10 :mrgreen: I give myself kudos for having already played (but not beaten) Softp0rn by then.
Dodg
Heh, well I think females like MD, may not have been so inclined to play LSL as us horny male teenagers back in the day! :lol:
Well, I mostely played games with my mom ;) . But as I just mentioned, then I did actually notice a couple of grownup references, even if she didn't :P . When I get the time, I may try them out myself (or expose my sweet and innocent BF to them :twisted: )
dodginess
Noob

Post by dodginess »

Moon Dragon wrote:When I get the time, I may try them out myself (or expose my sweet and innocent BF to them :twisted: )
Let me guess - are Leisure Suit Larry games now the new BDSM? :lol: And how come I've *never* had a girlfriend ("sweet and innocent", or otherwise) that supported my games-playing activities? I have to sneak in a quick game of Police Quest Open Season when I think my S.O. isn't looking, like I'm some kind of games junkie...

Dodg

P.S. What kind of a name is "Torin's Passage" anyway? Am I the only one that thinks that game is not-quite-as-innocent-as-it-sounds and ripe for a completely different kind of remake? :mrgreen:
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hmm. Am I the only person here who hasn't played Torin's Passage?
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

dodginess wrote:
Moon Dragon wrote:When I get the time, I may try them out myself (or expose my sweet and innocent BF to them :twisted: )
Let me guess - are Leisure Suit Larry games now the new BDSM? :lol: And how come I've *never* had a girlfriend ("sweet and innocent", or otherwise) that supported my games-playing activities? I have to sneak in a quick game of Police Quest Open Season when I think my S.O. isn't looking, like I'm some kind of games junkie...

Dodg

P.S. What kind of a name is "Torin's Passage" anyway? Am I the only one that thinks that game is not-quite-as-innocent-as-it-sounds and ripe for a completely different kind of remake? :mrgreen:
I actually think that I'm a bigger gamer than he is, (or at least when it comes to the classics), though he has more skills when it comes to the "brute force" games :P (But as long as it's on my PS, so I get the achivements, I don't mind :D , I like being a (gaming) princess in distress). But it's nice having someone to co-op with.

And actually, I lied when I said I hadn't played any LSL games, I did play the last one (Magna Cum Laude), but seeing as some people may not recognise it as a proper LSL game (Like MOE in KQ), I guess it wasn't too bad that I had forgotten about it :P .
dodginess
Noob

Post by dodginess »

Moon Dragon wrote:And actually, I lied when I said I hadn't played any LSL games, I did play the last one (Magna Cum Laude), but seeing as some people may not recognise it as a proper LSL game (Like MOE in KQ), I guess it wasn't too bad that I had forgotten about it :P .
I think we can grant forgiveness in that particular instance :D Actually, I stopped enjoying the LSL series from LSL5 onwards - which, ironically, I found to be in rather poor taste. If you want to start anywhere then it's got to be the original one first I think - the remake is fine, but ideally the original AGI version if you can get hold of it. LSL2 and LSL3 are also well worth playing and to my mind are representative of the good old days when Sierra were still at the top - similar games around the same era include Police Quest 2, Space Quest 3 and King's Quest 4, but you really need to play the AGI originals first or they might not make much sense. I'm not sure what the situation is if you want to get hold of these games now, but you're welcome to my copy of the King's Quest Collector's Edition (which includes KQ1-6 plus some extras) - feel free to PM me if you want and I'll give you my details so you know who I am.

Dodg
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Rath Darkblade wrote:Hmm. Am I the only person here who hasn't played Torin's Passage?
Torin's Passage on GOG for $5.99.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Collector wrote:
Rath Darkblade wrote:Hmm. Am I the only person here who hasn't played Torin's Passage?
Torin's Passage on GOG for $5.99.
Get it, Rath. Seriously.
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

dodginess wrote:
Moon Dragon wrote:And actually, I lied when I said I hadn't played any LSL games, I did play the last one (Magna Cum Laude), but seeing as some people may not recognise it as a proper LSL game (Like MOE in KQ), I guess it wasn't too bad that I had forgotten about it :P .
I think we can grant forgiveness in that particular instance :D Actually, I stopped enjoying the LSL series from LSL5 onwards - which, ironically, I found to be in rather poor taste. If you want to start anywhere then it's got to be the original one first I think - the remake is fine, but ideally the original AGI version if you can get hold of it. LSL2 and LSL3 are also well worth playing and to my mind are representative of the good old days when Sierra were still at the top - similar games around the same era include Police Quest 2, Space Quest 3 and King's Quest 4, but you really need to play the AGI originals first or they might not make much sense. I'm not sure what the situation is if you want to get hold of these games now, but you're welcome to my copy of the King's Quest Collector's Edition (which includes KQ1-6 plus some extras) - feel free to PM me if you want and I'll give you my details so you know who I am.

Dodg
No need. I already own the KQ and SQ collections in 2 different versions, I think. They are some of the games I used to play with my mom as a child :-). Later I also bought a PQ collection, but I have yet to play those aswell.
dodginess
Noob

Post by dodginess »

Moon Dragon wrote:No need. I already own the KQ and SQ collections in 2 different versions, I think. They are some of the games I used to play with my mom as a child :-). Later I also bought a PQ collection, but I have yet to play those aswell.
I think I'm contractually bound at this point to say that "Rise of the Dragon" is also well worth playing :mrgreen:

Steering things back to the topic for a moment, there was a design document for LSL5 on Al Lowe's site if you need a template, Lounge Lizard - it might be better to try and just get a rough idea of the plot and see where it takes you though, rather than mapping everything out in intricate detail at this stage.

Dodg

Return to “The Leisure Suit Larry Series”