Space Quest

Coming soon to a board near you -- Fester Blatz Buy, Trade And Sell! That's right! Got a game you're looking for - or one to trade? This is the place to do it! However, please keep in mind that The Sierra Help Pages is NOT responsible for any sales or trades that take place! That's between you and whomever you're dealing with!
pcj
Noob

Space Quest

Post by pcj »

I'm looking for a complete SQ1 (EGA) and SQ6 big box and am wondering if anyone has some leads.

Also I've found http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-COMPUTE ... 416bced88f and am curious if it's worth it. How rare is the black box? (Talked to Scott Murphy briefly about it and we both agree that style was superior to the later printing. He also mentioned it's weird that the disk sleeves have the Dynamix logo on them...)

I did find this box which is apparently the second edition of the EGA release, but it has an SQ3 ad inside...? Should that be concerning at all?
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: Space Quest

Post by Collector »

The black box is always going to go for a pretty penny, though that one is not in very good shape. It is much easier and cheaper to get the second release. You will encounter the CPC protection, regardless of which version, so it would mostly be just for bragging rights and archival purposes. My installer may overcome it, but you will still want to hold onto any of your collections.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

pcj
Noob

Re: Space Quest

Post by pcj »

I'm not concerned with using the games for installation purposes - just to collect the boxes (need something for the Two Guys to sign). But thanks.

Return to “The Trading Post”