It's time. Getting rid of it.

Coming soon to a board near you -- Fester Blatz Buy, Trade And Sell! That's right! Got a game you're looking for - or one to trade? This is the place to do it! However, please keep in mind that The Sierra Help Pages is NOT responsible for any sales or trades that take place! That's between you and whomever you're dealing with!
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

It's time. Getting rid of it.

Post by QuestCollector »

I am about to start selling off a large portion of my collection. I plan on listing the games on eBay probably starting Sunday 9/8. It looks like I'll be getting rid of a lot of the hi-res adventures, sealed copies of games I have, hint books, several of the Quest games and educational games. If there is any interest here, send me a PM or facebook. I've been collecting for near a decade now and I'm just ready to move on. The games I have are all in excellent condition, some even sealed mint. I've had these games stored in polypropylene bags for years now. I also have some Sierravision titles and Interaction magazine I'm getting rid of. If anyone can pass the word on to other Sierra fans I'd appreciate it. Thanks everyone.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: It's time. Getting rid of it.

Post by Collector »

Probably the only thing that would catch my interest would be the hi-res games, but you probably want more than I can spare at the moment.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

When you start doing this (tragic as it is!), you should post links in this thread to your sales.

Hope you don't regret it later. :(
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Post by QuestCollector »

I responded to a PM earlier and thought I'd post it here to show some of the stuff I've already decided to sell. This isn't near all of it but there.

Glad to hear you are interested! I'm going to list a portion of my collection on eBay tonight. This auction will have several of the rare titles in it. Such as:

Ultima 1: The Original
Time Zone
Mystery House
Cranston Manor
Wizard and the Princess
Ulysses and the Golden Fleece (small and large)
The Dark Crystal
Mission Asteroid
Apple Cider Spider
Sammy Lightfoot
Mr. Cool
Dragon's Keep
Laf Pak
Troll's Tale
Marauder
Mouskattack
Jawbreaker
Pegasus II

I'm also planning on selling several sealed copies of games I have. Mainly from the quest line of games. Here's what I have sealed

Space Quest III
Space Quest IV
Space Quest V
Space Quest VI
Quest for Glory I
Quest for Glory III
Quest for Glory IV
Gabriel Knight
Gabriel Knight 3
Manhunter 2
Hoyle Volume 3
Heart of China
Rise of the Dragon
The Colonel's Bequest
Stellar 7
Nova 9
Firehawk
Thexder
King's Quest I
Command Aces of the Deep
Mixed up Mother Goose (First)
Early Math
Imagination Sierra Network
King's Quest V
King's Quest VI multimedia
King's Quest VII
Police Quest IV
Police Quest III
Sierra Originals Family Pack
Value 3 Pack
Lost in Time

I also have several quest games I'm going to get rid of. I plan on only keeping a few of the ones that are really important to me. Let me know if there is any interest, I start the first auction tonight.

There's still a lot more!
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Post by QuestCollector »

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

QuestCollector wrote:First auction is up!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171122754164?ss ... 1558.l2649
:shock: 51 bids and counting, and QUITE a bit of money hauled in so far... amazing!
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Post by QuestCollector »

It's been almost 24 hours since the auction listed and I couldn't have hoped for a better start! I can't believe the reserve hit already. It's been a bag of emotions so far... Part of me feels excited and I feel like I could do a flip right here in front of the computer. The other part of me feels sad. Every time I looked over at that wall I could find a good memory. From playing the games with my Dad as a kid and growing up with them looking forward to every release. I've just come to a point in my life where I feel it is time to move on. I don't have to be materialistic to keep the memories. These games will be with me forever.

Selling all of these just helps me get to the next stage in my life. Looking forward to the future!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Take lots of pictures of the games, manuals, etc - and keep the memory that way.

That's amazing (how much you're getting for them), and even better if it's for the next step in your life (which I hope, does not include leaving us here at SHP!) :shock:
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Post by QuestCollector »

Tawmis wrote:Take lots of pictures of the games, manuals, etc - and keep the memory that way.

That's amazing (how much you're getting for them), and even better if it's for the next step in your life (which I hope, does not include leaving us here at SHP!) :shock:

Oh no, I'm here to stay! This place needs me, I know Sierra games more than I know about a lot of things. I like to post here, I know it isn't very often and I haven't been around much but I enjoy this community. I consider a lot of people in it friends.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

QuestCollector wrote:
Tawmis wrote:Take lots of pictures of the games, manuals, etc - and keep the memory that way.
Oh no, I'm here to stay! This place needs me, I know Sierra games more than I know about a lot of things. I like to post here, I know it isn't very often and I haven't been around much but I enjoy this community. I consider a lot of people in it friends.
Glad to hear that! :)
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Post by QuestCollector »

http://retro-treasures.blogspot.gr/

I was really excited to see this the other night! I saved the source just for something to remember this week by. It's been quite a week! I've met some great people in the community I never had a chance to talk to before. The popularity of the auction I didn't think would surprise me but it really has. This week has kind of revitalized the Sierra experience for me. Feels like I'm going out with a bang but actually I'm not going away, just getting rid of the physical games. I've thought a lot about the last 10 or so years I've collected them and it was a really fun ride!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

QuestCollector wrote:http://retro-treasures.blogspot.gr/

I was really excited to see this the other night! I saved the source just for something to remember this week by. It's been quite a week! I've met some great people in the community I never had a chance to talk to before. The popularity of the auction I didn't think would surprise me but it really has. This week has kind of revitalized the Sierra experience for me. Feels like I'm going out with a bang but actually I'm not going away, just getting rid of the physical games. I've thought a lot about the last 10 or so years I've collected them and it was a really fun ride!
Dude, that's freaking awesome when you're reaching other sites (and potential for more people to bid, more money to be made for you!)
k0SH
Sierra Enthusiast

Post by k0SH »

I also have some Sierravision titles and Interaction magazine I'm getting rid of.

I'm also planning on selling several sealed copies of games I have. Mainly from the quest line of games. Here's what I have sealed
Quest for Glory IV
Gabriel Knight
Hi QuestCollector.
Do you still have the above to sell?

Interested in Interaction magazines and sealed version of GK1 and GfGIV (if it´s the purple one?).
Big thanks in advance.

Return to “The Trading Post”