Burnout Paradise for PC.

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Burnout Paradise for PC.

Post by Tawmis »

First, a very special thanks to DPX for this (the bundle version no less!)

But mother of gawd, is there a way use the mouse to steer? I can't seem to find a way to do that.

Also, entering "Crash Mode" (Showtime mode as they call it in Paradise doesn't seem to be working for me). On the X360 it was the two bumper things - the controls say it's like letter "S"... but even with a full boost bar, I am not able to go into it. Anyone know?
Expack3
Sierra Obsessed

Re: Burnout Paradise for PC.

Post by Expack3 »

For controls, have you tried the in-game options menu? It's accessible by pulling up the map; there will be indicators up on the top left and top right which tell you the buttons to press in order to move between information screen (more like "pause screens", really). Eventually, you'll reach the options menu, and one of the options will be controls.

For Crash Mode, you have to win four events (can be the same type) before it unlocks. Once you have, though, hit those bumper-thingies on your controller and smash up traffic to your heart's content!

Oh, and you can switch controller types on the fly - the game will automatically detect when you switched from, say, your 360 controller to your keyboard while playing. That way, it's easy to see whether steering with your 360 controller, keyboard, or (hopefully) mouse is better for you.
You like manuals. You like manuals. You love them. You cannot resist manuals.
Your gameplay experience is meaningless without manuals.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Burnout Paradise for PC.

Post by Tawmis »

Expack3 wrote: For Crash Mode, you have to win four events (can be the same type) before it unlocks. Once you have, though, hit those bumper-thingies on your controller and smash up traffic to your heart's content!

Oh, and you can switch controller types on the fly - the game will automatically detect when you switched from, say, your 360 controller to your keyboard while playing. That way, it's easy to see whether steering with your 360 controller, keyboard, or (hopefully) mouse is better for you.
Ah ha! I have not won any events yet. Was just smashing all the signs and fences so far (and unlocking gas stations, garages, etc). So that's why it won't trigger.

As for the controls - my problem is I hate using the keyboard to control a car. I am very used to (on a PC) using the mouse to control vehicles. I don't have a wired X360 Controller, so as far as I know I can't use that with a PC. :-)

Return to “Non-Sierra Games & Help”