Question for all you Elder Scrolls experts...

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Question for all you Elder Scrolls experts...

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I've noticed that the first two TES games - The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall - are now available for free download.

My question is this: having played TES3: Morrowind, TES4: Oblivion and TES5: Skyrim, how do TES1 and TES2 compare? Obviously they would be rather crude graphics-wise and sound-wise. Would they be worth playing otherwise? What's your opinion? ;)

Thanks for your help! :)
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Re: Question for all you Elder Scrolls experts...

Post by AndreaDraco »

TES1 and TES2 are very unforgiving games, where the player is left complety to his or herself, without any clear direction. They're vast, and usually hard to navigate, since the maps are usually randomly generated. Having said that, Daggerfall has a really good story.
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

All right - but how would you be able to enjoy the story of Daggerfall if you can't even find your way around the map? :| I'm not sure about this at all.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

It depends on how much time and patience you can invest in the game.
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
audiodane
A Member Of Cap'n Tawmis' Scurvy Crew

Post by audiodane »

Daggerfall almost got me kicked out of college. I spent way too much time on it playing all the side quests. It is navigable, my roommate played it and ignored the side quests and completed it fairly quickly (within one semester I believe) .. I saw a few months back that it was available as a free download and I think that's very cool of them. I have Daggerfall, Battlespire, and Redguard, and enjoyed them all in different ways. Then my real career got started (and I got married, and started a family) and I slowly exited most gaming due to lack of time.. :(

..dane
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

audiodane wrote:Daggerfall almost got me kicked out of college. I spent way too much time on it playing all the side quests. It is navigable, my roommate played it and ignored the side quests and completed it fairly quickly (within one semester I believe) .. I saw a few months back that it was available as a free download and I think that's very cool of them. I have Daggerfall, Battlespire, and Redguard, and enjoyed them all in different ways. Then my real career got started (and I got married, and started a family) and I slowly exited most gaming due to lack of time.. :(

..dane
Moral of the story? Don't get married?
audiodane
A Member Of Cap'n Tawmis' Scurvy Crew

Post by audiodane »

Hahaha.. no no, marriage has been one of the best choices I've ever made! I just don't have enough time in a week to do everything that I'd like to do.. At some point the kids will be "too cool for dad," and I'll have more time again. :)

Return to “Non-Sierra Games & Help”