Quest for Glory Links

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Quest for Glory Links

Post by Collector »

Tech support for the Quest for Glory Series. Need help with the games and can't wait for a response? Check out the Quest for Glory info on the Sierra Help Pages.

Quest for Glory DOSBox installers for XP/Vista
For those trying to install the Quest for Glory games the on a modern PC, I have written new installers for some of the old Sierra DOS games. It will install your game and set it up to run automatically in DOSBox from Windows shortcut, just like any Windows game or program. Just download the right installer for your game. These installers do not include the games. You must own the games to install them.
Quest for Glory Anthology DOSBox Installer
To compliment the Quest for Glory Collection Series DOSBox Installer I released earlier, I have now written a DOSBox Installer for the Quest for Glory Anthology. Thanks to Almirena, I was able to determine that the layout of the Anthology's CD is nearly identical to the Collection Series. I was able to make the required changes to adapt the existing Collection Series installer to work for the Anthology.

As with the Collection Series Installer, it is XP/Vista 32/Vista 64 compatible. It has large icons for use in Vista and, of course, includes all patches, including the NewRisingSun patches. It can selectively install any or all of the games. As with the other new installers, it will automatically set up and configure the games to run in DOSBox from a Windows shortcut with CD-less game play. The CD is only needed during the installation. If you do not have DOSBox installed, it can download and install it for you.
Quest for Glory Collection Series DOSBox Installer
I have written a Quest for Glory Collection Series DOSBox Installer. It is XP/Vista 32/Vista 64 compatible. It has large icons for use in Vista and, of course, includes all patches, including the NewRisingSun patches. It can selectively install any or all of the games. As with the other new installers, it will automatically set up and configure the games to run in DOSBox from a Windows shortcut with CD-less game play. The CD is only needed during the installation. If you do not have DOSBox installed, it can download and install it for you.

* The standard Vista warning for old games should be observed -- because of its limited write access, avoid installing in the %ProgramFiles% folder ("C:\Program Files" on most English systems or "C:\Program Files (x86)" on Win 64 systems) or you may have problems with not being able to save configuration changes or saving games.

Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire VGA for free download
AGDInteractive's free Quest for Glory II VGA is available for free download. This was done in consultation with the Coles and is compatible saved characters with the other Glory games. It features a point and click interface and a revamped combat system. The game does not use a Sierra engine, so support can be found on their AGDI message boards.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”