GK2 memorabilia

Voodoo got the best of you? Need a hint? Want to talk about Gabriel Knight? This is the place to do it!
rsnel
Noob

GK2 memorabilia

Post by rsnel »

Of the three chapters in the Gabriel Knight story, only the second installment, "The Beast Within", actually existed in a tangible form. "Sins of the Father" was created in a world of two-dimensional art, and "Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned" exists only in three-dimensional computer-generated graphics. But "The Beast Within" is different. As a full-motion-video (FMV) game, it was created with real actors. While most of the physical environment was stylized artwork, (using the magic of blue-screen compositing to combine live actors with these artificially created scenes), the actors, costumes, props and set pieces were real.

Like most movies, many of the props, costumes and set pieces were rented for the duration of the production. Several items were borrowed from Sierra staff members and friends, and returned to their owners after production. However, numerous items were purchased or created from scratch specifically for the filming of the game. While key members of the game design team claimed some of these items, many have remained in the studio's wardrobe and prop inventory.

There may be some interest among the legions of Gabriel Knight fans to have a chance to purchase some of these unique one-of-a-kind items, rather than having them disappear to the obscurity of some Hollywood warehouse.
thanks http://www.aipictures.com

20 years ago, I came across this website aipictures.com, and found many GK2 items for sale.
Because I am a big fan of GK2 I decided to buy the prop used for the historic diary that Grace and Herr Dalmeier use to unlock the secret of Wagner’s lost opera. It's a well-weathered journal book, with several pages near the center inscribed with dated journal entries in German. Because I was so young and had not much money, I could only buy one item :(

I wonder if there are other people around who still own an authentic piece of GK2.

Could be a nice puzzle to translate the texts of the journal. The texts in the journal are (as far as I know) actually texts from the game. The only difficulty is, the texts in the game are mostly in English and the journal is in German.

Hope to get in contact with other people who bought a special prop of GK2

Greetings from The Netherlands

Reinald Snel
el_pombo
Sierra Obsessed

Re: GK2 memorabilia

Post by el_pombo »

Impressive!!!

I wonder who has the Schattenjäger medallion!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: GK2 memorabilia

Post by Tawmis »

Dude, that's really, really cool.

Return to “The Gabriel Knight Series”