Talk about anything you want here
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: There and back again; a Neverending Tale. Neverending Ni

Post by Rath Darkblade »

:lol: Best bits here are...
Bits of sentient salt??? ATTACK!!! :D

Here be your ales, good knights! ;)

The assassin introduces herself to Grayson and Peter before killing them. Gotta remember manners. ;)

What the... some kind of translucent monster? "How foolish of me?" Hmm. :|

Wait... Peter actually reads? :lol:

And, of course... "WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER?" :twisted:

Fun ending. I was hoping we'd see more of Peter & Grayson actually fighting the dragon.

Alas, poor Pawl. Gone to a better place... or a place... or something. :|
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote::lol: Best bits here are...
Bits of sentient salt??? ATTACK!!! :D
I love referencing older episodes. That everything Peter and Grayson does, whether they know it or not, has consequences.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Here be your ales, good knights! ;)
If you notice, the bartender interrupts before the Knight says what's needed to defeat the Dragon of Silverlake. This has happened several times already.
Rath Darkblade wrote: The assassin introduces herself to Grayson and Peter before killing them. Gotta remember manners. ;)
She wants to make this personal... for a reason!
Rath Darkblade wrote: What the... some kind of translucent monster? "How foolish of me?" Hmm. :|
It's hard to see - but it's the Weapon Smith that Andrea the Assassin killed.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Wait... Peter actually reads? :lol:
Who knew!
Rath Darkblade wrote: And, of course... "WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER?" :twisted:
This was a reference to Aladdin (though in Aladdin it's simply, "Who disturbs my slumber?")
Rath Darkblade wrote: Fun ending. I was hoping we'd see more of Peter & Grayson actually fighting the dragon.
Oh... something will happen with that dragon... but as Peter and Grayson... you know things are never as they seem to be...
Rath Darkblade wrote: Alas, poor Pawl. Gone to a better place... or a place... or something. :|
But is this the last we've heard from our beloved Dwarf friend? Time will tell.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

So... will we see any more of our heroes in action? ;) What a place to leave it!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote:So... will we see any more of our heroes in action? ;) What a place to leave it!
Yes! Been a busy few weekends! Two weekends ago I did NerdCon here in San Diego (Escondido, really). Then this past weekend, I was on vacation. I am hoping to get it back on track beginning this week!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Tawmis wrote:Yes! Been a busy few weekends! Two weekends ago I did NerdCon here in San Diego (Escondido, really). Then this past weekend, I was on vacation.
So much so that you have been neglecting the Wiki. ;)
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Collector wrote:
Tawmis wrote:Yes! Been a busy few weekends! Two weekends ago I did NerdCon here in San Diego (Escondido, really). Then this past weekend, I was on vacation.
So much so that you have been neglecting the Wiki. ;)
Yes! I have HORRID time management skills; in that I constantly forget when I am doing a Con or going on vacation... lol...

I am typically reminded when the wife says, "I can't wait for Weds." And I'm like, "Why the middle of the week?" And she replies, "Um, because we're going to Cancun." And I have to play it off like, "Obviously that. But I didn't know if there was anything else..."

Same thing for NerdCon. My friend Chuck text me and was like, "How much do I owe you for the tickets this weekend?" And I was like, "What's this weekend? We hitting up a movie?" And he's like, "NerdCon." I replied, "Well, yeah, that - sure." :lol:

My wife is on travel (as of this morning) - so this week (after work) is my time for a bit (work is too insane at the moment to do anything). So I should finally be able to to NeN and the LSL Wiki Submissions. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

EPISODE 22: THIS IS ‘DRAGON’ ON TOO LONG: Peter and Grayson have stormed the Dragon of Ator’s den to confront him, slay him, and become the greatest heroes the City of Neverending has ever heard of. Unfortunately, things do not go as smoothly as they had planned after storming through the Dragon’s front gates…
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

LOL. Worth the wait.

"Hey, I'm the one with the 20 Intelligence here." (and the reply) :lol:

The Dragon is hilarious. Lawful Good, huh? Well, it's definitely possible (but rather unexpected). Just wondering - oughtn't an LG Dragon be golden? That's usually the case. What kind of dragon is this one? Also, what's his/her name?

"He's always taking shortcuts." :lol:

"I hope there isn't another 4 seasons of us planning to be heroes." Nothing like meta-humour. ;)

I like it! :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote:LOL. Worth the wait.
"Hey, I'm the one with the 20 Intelligence here." (and the reply) :lol:
The Dragon is hilarious. Lawful Good, huh? Well, it's definitely possible (but rather unexpected). Just wondering - oughtn't an LG Dragon be golden? That's usually the case. What kind of dragon is this one? Also, what's his/her name?
"He's always taking shortcuts." :lol:
"I hope there isn't another 4 seasons of us planning to be heroes." Nothing like meta-humour. ;)
I like it! :)
I don't think his name is revealed until later; but it's Dean the Dragon.

And as for good dragons... In D&D there's quite a few! All the metallic dragons are of good nature (Brass, Bronze, Copper, Silver, Gold and Platinum {which is technically Bahamut, king of the good dragons}). So based on his color, you can pretty much figure out that he is indeed, a Silver Dragon, which are indeed Lawful Good.

And some subtle references, Peter mentions reading the "Dragonspear" Chronicles, which is a reference to the Dragonlance Chronicles. He mentions the writers are Wickmass & Heiss. Which is just the first letter of their last names flipped (the actual authors of Dragonlance are Tracy Hickman & Margret Weiss)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Work has been laying waste to me mentally, which is why I have not done anything creative (I come home and let my brain melt)...

But I did manage to put together all the Easter Eggs and references in our series so far...

http://neverendingnights.com/easter-eggs
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

EPISODE 23: OH HOW I TREASURE... TREASURE.

Short episode, Peter and Grayson have a little discussion with the Dragon of Ator.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Oh dear... those boys love treasure far more than is healthy. :lol: Best line: "Hey Grayson, instead of heroes, maybe we can be - you know - dragons!" :lol:

Not too far behind is the fact that the dragon found the altar on eBay. ;) The whole lack of expenses thing I can believe - what would dragons spend money on anyhow? Scale polish or fang sharpener, possibly. ;)

Fun little episode! Please keep them coming. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote:Oh dear... those boys love treasure far more than is healthy. :lol: Best line: "Hey Grayson, instead of heroes, maybe we can be - you know - dragons!" :lol:
Not too far behind is the fact that the dragon found the altar on eBay. ;) The whole lack of expenses thing I can believe - what would dragons spend money on anyhow? Scale polish or fang sharpener, possibly. ;)
Fun little episode! Please keep them coming. :)
Should have Episode 24 done tomorrow. (Would be today, but I am helping a friend vend at a Doctor Who con... Which I know nothing about...)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

EPISODE 24: THE WATCHFUL EYE.

Peter and Grayson get their last piece of help from the Dragon...
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Short but sweet. I like it. :)

I like Peter's mispronouncing "Duergar" as "DROO-gar." ;) Also Grayson's repeated conviction that he can get them out of the cave... followed by silence. (Right, Grayson). ;)

Intriguing map. I'm not surprised that the "dragon" tells them to stay away from the duergar and driders. Those things are bad news when you're as low-level as Peter and Grayson are.

Also... what? :shock: So the dragon isn't a dragon? So who is he? Looks like a cleric or mage of some kind? But - wait...... usually only rangers can transform into animals. So is he a ranger?

Anyway, I like it. Thanks! :) Bring on the next one...... ;)

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”