The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Lighthouse...

Follow the beacon of light to the forums if you need help with Lighthouse!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

All of Sierra's "main" games were very different in themes, and as a result - the way the game played, interacted, etc.

If you had to pick out ONE thing (good, or bad) - about the game, that left a lasting impression (and feel free to go into detail) - what would it be?

And I'd like it to be just ONE thing (because on some of our favorites, it's too easy to list all the things we enjoyed).

I want to focus on what made EACH game of the different titles (GK, LSL, PQ, KQ, etc) different than one another?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Lighthouse...

Post by Tawmis »

One word, difficult.

I remember seeing this when it came out, and I enjoyed Myst (who didn't back then?) - but this game was difficult.

To this day, I do not know if I ever managed to beat it.
Mostly
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Mostly »

I absolutely depended on a walkthrough to beat Lighthouse.

Great game with fiendishly clever puzzles. Of all the "Myst clones" (I hate that term) Lighthouse definitely captured the spirit of Myst as well as any other, especially the environments of Myst's Mechanical Age. The underground train track section is also reminiscent of the maze in Myst's Selenitic Age.
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Funny. The walkthrough is what stuck out for me too. :lol:

I think I got as far as the tower with the mechanical bird-man before giving up and checking the walkthrough... and my first thought was "WAIT - REALLY?!", before starting the game over and doing things in the correct order.

And then I forgot to pick up the clock at the beginning which backfired on me by the game's end.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I've only ever played the beginning of the game in the house near the lighthouse (can't remember if I got to the lighthouse or not?). But man, what a tone that game sets right from the beginning that's positively unnerving and mysterious. I loved it.

I should actually play it sometime...
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001

Return to “Lighthouse”