There and back again; a Neverending Tale. Neverending Nights

Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: There and back again; a Neverending Tale. Neverending Ni

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Heh! Peter finally starts to grow some brains and realises that giving money to "Super Foo" the super-villain may not have been a good idea. ;)
Grayson points out the obvious - that Super Foo just took the gold and ran. :lol: Peter disagrees - classic Peter!
Our heroes don't always exactly think things through...
Rath Darkblade wrote: Chief Petty Officer Grayson is afraid! *sing-song* Grayson is a scaredy-cat! :LOL:
I love Peter's pathetic 'pirate' voice. ;) :lol:
ROFL @ all the piratey cliches. "Agh, I been hit! Agh, I be dyin'!" :lol:
Everything from Peter's story is purposely over the top - because, similar to Pawl the Dorf's exaggerated voice, Peter isn't exactly sure how pirates talk - so he's overdoing it to try and sell the story.
Rath Darkblade wrote: LOL!!! Pawl the Commander. I love Grayson's interjections. Pawl is still dead, isn't he?
Pawl the Dorf is still dead... or undead, as it were. But... keep an eye out... he's about to pop up again like a faithful companion...
Rath Darkblade wrote: The skeletons on the ship is a nice touch. Monkey Island 3, if I'm not mistaken?
I had not thought of that - in the original version I had skeletons on there. It was an actual reference to Peter overexerting his pirate story.
Rath Darkblade wrote: The whole pirate story is just golden. :lol: "You know, sometimes I really hate you." That just about sums it up for Peter and Grayson! :lol:
I think I can see where the inspiration for this came from - Halloween and Talk Like a Pirate Day, right? ;) Pirates are so much fun.
A really fun episode, Tawmis! Thank you. :)
Thank you! As most folks know, I love dressing up as a pirate - so there was no way I wasn't going to do an episode with pirates in it! :)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hmm... be this the end of Neverending Nights? :shock: Surely not... ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote:Hmm... be this the end of Neverending Nights? :shock: Surely not... ;)
Hah! No. Last weekend I did a trip out to the mountains. And this past weekend I was at WonderCon.

My wife is going on a trip beginning Weds, so I will probably be able to knock out an episode by Friday. And if this weekend isn't busy, another one on Sunday.

That's MY game plan, anyway.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hope you enjoyed your trips! :) Huzzah for the Terrible Troublesome Twosome. ;)

(Incidentally, Tawm... there's a little gift for you here). ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

#NeverendingNights - Episode 34 (HD) - Barking Up The Wrong Tree. Peter and Grayson get a visit from a mysterious canine who comes to bring a warning - will they be able to understand what's happening - or will this go as things typically seem to go for our would be dynamic duo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxH_2Fd ... Z&index=34
Or you can watch the one with the canine subtitles, which adds to the humor...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4akLcUk ... Z&index=35
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

:lol: Let's give him a doggy bath. ;) Yes, Peter's intelligence is only matched by his lack of ability to speak to animals.

I like the priest's annoyance. "We have to play by the rules!" :twisted: And yes, when Pawl the Dwa - er, Dawg - ran off into the stormy forest, there could only be one outcome: "You've got to be kidding me!" :twisted:

Another fun episode, Tawm. Hopefully Peter and Grayson will be adventuring again soon. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote::lol: Let's give him a doggy bath. ;) Yes, Peter's intelligence is only matched by his lack of ability to speak to animals.
I like the priest's annoyance. "We have to play by the rules!" :twisted: And yes, when Pawl the Dwa - er, Dawg - ran off into the stormy forest, there could only be one outcome: "You've got to be kidding me!" :twisted:
Another fun episode, Tawm. Hopefully Peter and Grayson will be adventuring again soon. :)
This episode - much like the Pirate episode - was a filler for me to do something I wanted to do - in this case, include Odin in this episode. (Those barks are him).

If you watch the Canine Subtitle - you can "read" what Pawl the Dorf is saying during the barking sessions.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Yes, I played the episode with the subtitles, so that I could see what Pawl was thinking.

D'aww, Odin the film star! *pets Odin and gives him a treat* ;)

Yes, this episode felt a little like filler... it didn't much advance the plot, but it was a lot of fun. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Neverending Nights - Episode 35 (HD) - This Is Bull$#!+. Peter and Grayson find themselves being approached by a Minotaur - but is he friend or foe? A villain whose heard of their "great deeds" and come to smite them? Or something else? Find out in this episode of #NeverendingNights!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUxMsk0 ... rFO3mZ1lOZ
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

LOL! Pawl forgot what he was supposed to warn them of. ;)

The priest is very hard to understand at times, especially right after he turns Pawl into a minotaur.

Grayson makes sense: if they run, that's going to ruin any rumours about them being great heroes. (Then again, not being great heroes is still better than being dead heroes). ;)

How come the patrons don't panic when they see a minotaur in a tavern? :shock: It's funny how Pawl the minotaur is right there at the bar, and all the barkeep does is scratch his head. :lol:

How did Peter know it was Pawl? I'm confused. :? Oh, and Grayson knew it was Pawl all the time. Sure. ;) Well, at least the party's back together! :D

Funny stuff. I wonder where to from here...?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: LOL! Pawl forgot what he was supposed to warn them of. ;)
Because it's probably been awhile - but the Priest warned Pawl the Dorf, with reincarnations - if you enter and then exit the body (through death or through will) - you will not remember anything that happened in that body. So Pawl the Dorf has this nagging feeling in the back of his head he's supposed to warn Peter and Grayson that Andrea the Assassin is after them and their sword!
Rath Darkblade wrote: The priest is very hard to understand at times, especially right after he turns Pawl into a minotaur.
Yeah - when I did his voice, my pitch does go too high at times. :(
Rath Darkblade wrote: Grayson makes sense: if they run, that's going to ruin any rumours about them being great heroes. (Then again, not being great heroes is still better than being dead heroes). ;)
A short career for sure, to fight a minotaur.
Rath Darkblade wrote: How come the patrons don't panic when they see a minotaur in a tavern?
Because it's full of villains. Those patrons standing by the other table are all the villain try out people. ;)
Rath Darkblade wrote: :shock: It's funny how Pawl the minotaur is right there at the bar, and all the barkeep does is scratch his head. :lol:
What else does one do when a hulking minotaur appears? What do they drink?
Rath Darkblade wrote: How did Peter know it was Pawl? I'm confused. :? Oh, and Grayson knew it was Pawl all the time. Sure. ;) Well, at least the party's back together! :D
Because he says "There was somethin' I was supposed to warn ye about."

The dialogue gives it away to Peter.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Funny stuff. I wonder where to from here...?
Oh, much more to come. We're officially half way through the series.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote:
Rath Darkblade wrote: The priest is very hard to understand at times, especially right after he turns Pawl into a minotaur.
Oh. No wonder, then... Pawl the Minotaur is a little hard to understand sometimes too, but only when the pitch is too low. Otherwise, his 'Scottish accent' is not hard to make out.
Tawmis wrote:
Rath Darkblade wrote: Grayson makes sense: if they run, that's going to ruin any rumours about them being great heroes. (Then again, not being great heroes is still better than being dead heroes). ;)
What level are they, by the way? Just curious. In NWN, it's possible to fight a minotaur (and win) when you're at level 6-7 or so.
Tawmis wrote:
Hooray! :D And once again the adventure of the bosses and the erstwhile minotaur companion continues! </deekin> ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Tawmis wrote:
Oh. No wonder, then... Pawl the Minotaur is a little hard to understand sometimes too, but only when the pitch is too low. Otherwise, his 'Scottish accent' is not hard to make out.
The funny thing is, that's mostly me making that voice... I think in terms of post edit, I changed the pitch like 5% to be higher (to sound funnier).
Rath Darkblade wrote:
Tawmis wrote:
What level are they, by the way? Just curious. In NWN, it's possible to fight a minotaur (and win) when you're at level 6-7 or so.
Heh - let's be real. Other than defeating an "Ice Cube Monster" - the dynamic duo hasn't earned what anyone would consider "XP." :lol:
Rath Darkblade wrote:
Tawmis wrote:
Hooray! :D And once again the adventure of the bosses and the erstwhile minotaur companion continues! </deekin> ;)
The Minotaur form lasts much longer than his previous, non-dwarf forms. :lol:

Sort of... ;)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote:
Rath Darkblade wrote: Oh. No wonder, then... Pawl the Minotaur is a little hard to understand sometimes too, but only when the pitch is too low. Otherwise, his 'Scottish accent' is not hard to make out.
The funny thing is, that's mostly me making that voice... I think in terms of post edit, I changed the pitch like 5% to be higher (to sound funnier).
Oh? *surprised* Why do higher voices sound funnier? :?

I'm sorry, I've been performing music for nearly 13 years now - so I don't usually higher voices with comedy. (Only with sopranos) :lol:
Rath Darkblade wrote:What level are they, by the way? Just curious. In NWN, it's possible to fight a minotaur (and win) when you're at level 6-7 or so.
Heh - let's be real. Other than defeating an "Ice Cube Monster" - the dynamic duo hasn't earned what anyone would consider "XP." :lol:[/quote]

In that case, they're incredibly lucky to be wielding those powerful weapons. ;)
Rath Darkblade wrote: Hooray! :D And once again the adventure of the bosses and the erstwhile minotaur companion continues! </deekin> ;)
The Minotaur form lasts much longer than his previous, non-dwarf forms. :lol:

Sort of... ;)[/quote]

I look forward to it! Poor Pawl... :P
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Oh? *surprised* Why do higher voices sound funnier? :?
I'm sorry, I've been performing music for nearly 13 years now - so I don't usually higher voices with comedy. (Only with sopranos) :lol:
I think it goes back to most kids cartoons feature characters who typically have high pitched voices (from Saturday Morning Cartoons back in the day: Smurfs, Snorks, among others). But to be fair, all of those cartoons were probably out before you were even born. :lol: But I think you see it in modern cartoons too like Sponge Bob.
Rath Darkblade wrote: In that case, they're incredibly lucky to be wielding those powerful weapons. ;)
Well, Grayson is the only one with a magical weapon. Peter just has a nice looking bow.
Rath Darkblade wrote: I look forward to it! Poor Pawl... :P
I definitely had fun writing the different things Pawl the Dorf goes through for the 2nd Season of NeN. :)

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”