The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Manhunter games...

Checking MAD not giving you the answers you need, and you find yourself getting mad? Check here Manhunter, for more clues...
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Manhunter games...

Post by Tawmis »

The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About the Manhunter games...

All of Sierra's "main" games were very different in themes, and as a result - the way the game played, interacted, etc.

If you had to pick out ONE thing (good, or bad) - about the game, that left a lasting impression (and feel free to go into detail) - what would it be?

And I'd like it to be just ONE thing (because on some of our favorites, it's too easy to list all the things we enjoyed).

I want to focus on what made EACH game of the different titles (GK, LSL, PQ, KQ, etc) different than one another?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Manhunter game

Post by Tawmis »

What stuck out to this game, was how different the game was than any other Sierra game. It reminded me of The Black Cauldron in many ways, because there was no typing really - a lot of the things were function commands to do things.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I remember eyeballs. That's all. That game tripped me out. Never did really play it.

Oh and being flushed down the toilet into the sewer or something...
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

MusicallyInspired wrote:I remember eyeballs. That's all. That game tripped me out. Never did really play it.

Oh and being flushed down the toilet into the sewer or something...
Ah yes, the Orbs. :lol:

If you ever want to go back and play it: http://larrylaffer.net/non-lsl-games/th ... ter-shrine
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Tawmis wrote:What stuck out to this game, was how different the game was than any other Sierra game. It reminded me of The Black Cauldron in many ways, because there was no typing really - a lot of the things were function commands to do things.
In many ways, it was like a point-and-click adventure. Arguably Sierra's first. If you wanted to use an item, you just selected it from your inventory. And floating the cursor over an item either described it or let you interact with it.

My first experience with Manhunter was playing it at a friend's house before I got it for myself a little later. I just remembered how dark it was: the "eye roll" in the morgue, getting your head squished by the thug. It was pretty graphic given what was available for graphics at the time. It was very different from any other games I had played.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Tawmis wrote:Ah yes, the Orbs. :lol:

If you ever want to go back and play it: http://larrylaffer.net/non-lsl-games/th ... ter-shrine
I feel I need to put your mind at ease. ;)
folder.png
I appreciate the offer of help, though.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote:
Tawmis wrote:What stuck out to this game, was how different the game was than any other Sierra game. It reminded me of The Black Cauldron in many ways, because there was no typing really - a lot of the things were function commands to do things.
In many ways, it was like a point-and-click adventure. Arguably Sierra's first. If you wanted to use an item, you just selected it from your inventory. And floating the cursor over an item either described it or let you interact with it.
My first experience with Manhunter was playing it at a friend's house before I got it for myself a little later. I just remembered how dark it was: the "eye roll" in the morgue, getting your head squished by the thug. It was pretty graphic given what was available for graphics at the time. It was very different from any other games I had played.
It's funny, because I played Manhunter: New York at my friend Shawn's house first, also... and remember how graphic (no pun intended) it was compared to any other Sierra game... from the way they drew the decaying corpses... to there even BEING decaying corpses...
MusicallyInspired wrote:
Tawmis wrote:Ah yes, the Orbs. :lol:
I feel I need to put your mind at ease. ;)
folder.png
I appreciate the offer of help, though.
:lol: Fair enough. Like I said in the other thread - I never assume everyone's played them. But if someone expresses a wee interest and it sounds like they might enjoy it, but never have - I try to get folks to play the games. (Not that there's anything in it for me, financially obviously :lol: - but if they come back and tell me that they enjoyed it - or come back and ask for hints - it lets me know that I helped point them to a game they might have never tried before!) :)
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Yeah, I understand. It's all good. :)

Return to “The Manhunter Games”