The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About The Conquest Games

Feel like your conquest has you questing in circles? This is for the Cristy Marx games, Conquests of Camelot: The Search for the Grail and Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood. You can ask for help with these games here! (Beware of the rabbit... it's got fangs!)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About The Conquest Games

Post by Tawmis »

The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About The Conquest Games...

All of Sierra's "main" games were very different in themes, and as a result - the way the game played, interacted, etc.

If you had to pick out ONE thing (good, or bad) - about the game, that left a lasting impression (and feel free to go into detail) - what would it be?

And I'd like it to be just ONE thing (because on some of our favorites, it's too easy to list all the things we enjoyed).

I want to focus on what made EACH game of the different titles (GK, LSL, PQ, KQ, etc) different than one another?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About The Conquest G

Post by Tawmis »

The thing that I loved about the Conquest Games is that both of them appear to have had their research done (and even the things that more intelligent history buffs than myself caught, that might have been "wrong" or "inaccurate") - to me, the game's lore and such - just flowed - and you really feel like you're playing the character in a story.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

For Camelot, the music combined with the excellent EGA graphics for the time. We had Adlib by this time playing this game and boy did it sparkle the experience. The introduction music and the Camelot themes will forever be cemented in my mind in Adlib. What a wonderful experience. I never got really anywhere in it when I was a kid, but I remember my dad playing through it and getting to Jerusalem and I remember thinking how difficult the game must have been and how good you'd have to be to get that far in the game!

(most of my "sticking out" moments will be visual and audible-oriented, incidentally, if you notice a pattern)

As for Longbow, we never had that one as a kid so I never had any experience with it at the time. I did remember seeing screenshots in the interAction magazines, though, and wishing we had it.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

MusicallyInspired wrote:For Camelot, the music combined with the excellent EGA graphics for the time. We had Adlib by this time playing this game and boy did it sparkle the experience. The introduction music and the Camelot themes will forever be cemented in my mind in Adlib. What a wonderful experience. I never got really anywhere in it when I was a kid, but I remember my dad playing through it and getting to Jerusalem and I remember thinking how difficult the game must have been and how good you'd have to be to get that far in the game!

(most of my "sticking out" moments will be visual and audible-oriented, incidentally, if you notice a pattern)

As for Longbow, we never had that one as a kid so I never had any experience with it at the time. I did remember seeing screenshots in the interAction magazines, though, and wishing we had it.
I loved - loved - LOVED when you started a game - and it came out with some GREAT music from the start. (Realms of Arkania 2: Star Trail did that for me also - to this day I still listen to that intro on a fairly regular basis, especially when gaming some D&D).

And if you've not played LONGBOW, and have interest - I recommend GOG or something. :)
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I've played it since and beaten it. :) All of these memories I'm posting are from when I was a kid. Those are the strongest memories I have of these games so that's where I draw from.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

MusicallyInspired wrote:I've played it since and beaten it. :) All of these memories I'm posting are from when I was a kid. Those are the strongest memories I have of these games so that's where I draw from.
Ah, I am just making sure. I don't assume everyone has played EVERY Sierra game that's been made because circumstances may have prevented them (even now). :)
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

I loved the strategy meetings in Longbow. Save-loading to check out the different outcomes was a highlight for me.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Datadog wrote:I loved the strategy meetings in Longbow. Save-loading to check out the different outcomes was a highlight for me.
I am looking forward to eventually replaying all of these games, because I don't remember these fine details that stick out for others!

Return to “The Conquests Games”