Sorcerian Insert scenario 1 disk in DRIVE B

Where to Find Sierra classic games. Please note: Most of the Sierra games have areas on the forum designated for them! If you have an issue with one of the Sierra games, please post them in the correct forum!
Mr.1650
Noob

Sorcerian Insert scenario 1 disk in DRIVE B

Post by Mr.1650 »

Hello all, I just purchased a copy of Sorcerian. I am completely new and a noob at running old Comp games. But I was
intrigued at the way Sorcerian looked.

I am using DOSBox and an external floppy drive to run the diskette's.

The problem I am having is that the game seems to want me to use two floppy's at once.
But I don't know how to get DOSBox to recognize two floppy drives at once and I don't have two floppy drives.
I barely got the game to run off the floppy drive using I used Z:\>MOUNT A A:\ -t floppy
A:
A: Sorceria
then setup
I am a little frustrated trying to get this game to play. I just setup my party and tried to do a mission but I can't load two floppys at once.

Can someone walk me through on a good way to get my game running? I am using windows 7.
I think I need to put all of the game diskette files into folders and then run the floppy's that way.
The game says insert the scenario 1 disk into drive B. And I thought I might be able to just remove the user disk and put in scenario 1 disk but that didn't work.

I am also really bad at these command prompts but I'm learning it. Could use a little coaching there as well.

I have searched high and low and all the examples I can find are for cd games not floppy's.

I know I'm being a handful but I would really appreciate any help here.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: Sorcerian Insert scenario 1 disk in DRIVE B

Post by Collector »

01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I am intrigued, Collector. It seems that whenever a thread comes up about an old game that someone can't run, you always have the answer! :shock:

I am in awe. Is there anything you cannot write an installer for? :ugeek:
Mr.1650
Noob

Post by Mr.1650 »

Thank you Collector! I have the game installed and I am close to playing it. However with the installer when I click the game DoxBox boots up and crashes immediately. I Read the Readme file that stated that windows 7 users should install
DOSBox in the C:drive instead of Program files (x86) folder. I tried it both ways, I also tried to reinstall it a few time. And I kept getting the same outcome.

Do you have a fix for this issue? Or am I just doing something else wrong?
I am using windows 7 64 bit
I will continue to try new ways until I get it working.

Thanks again for the help!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

I think you misread something. DOSBox is OK in the Program Files directory. It is the game itself that should not be installed in a systems folder that has limited write permissions. Look in the installed folder and run the Diagnostic Tool and attach the log here.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Mr.1650
Noob

Post by Mr.1650 »

Good news and bad news.

The Good news is that I did install the game and I can now play it hurrah!

The bad news is that I had to use a secondary windows account to get it to run. I don't know what I had that could have been blocking it from running. But I got it working so cheers!

I can live with that!

Thank you very much for all of your help Collector!

I just wanted to get back to you and say thank you.

Return to “This Old Game”