Druidstone Release Date Announced!

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Druidstone.

Post by Tawmis »

So I am putting this behind closed doors because I trust you guys! :D

But, I am a Moderator of the Legend of Grimrock official forums - and I have worked with one of the developers of the game in regards to the forum and site (issues) - and as such Petri has invited me to the Druidstone Beta!
https://druidstone-game.com/druidstone-reached-beta

I am so stoked to check this game out!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: Druidstone.

Post by Collector »

I like the art. I just would rather it didn't have that "isometric" view point.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Collector wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:45 am I like the art. I just would rather it didn't have that "isometric" view point.
I love the art! And I am okay with the view - because it's a RPG, and a lot of them have that similar view (Baulder's Gate, Diablo, Neverwinter Nights, etc).
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Nice!
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

:lol: I just love the coincidence - first a giant menhir, then the Legend of Grimrock, and then Baldur's Gate - which I "accidentally" (or through lack of coffee) misread as Boulder's Gate. ;)

Oh, wait ... all right. I'll just shut up about that! :oops:

Seriously, the game looks great, Tawm. I wonder what the story could be ... yes, I can see the description, but it doesn't tell me much. *shrug*
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:37 am Seriously, the game looks great, Tawm. I wonder what the story could be ... yes, I can see the description, but it doesn't tell me much. *shrug*
Once I get the beta stuff and start playing; I will share more as I find out. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Druidstone Release Date Announced!

Post by Tawmis »

petri over at Legend of Grimrock wrote: Hi! Our new game, Druidstone: The Secret of The Menhir Forest, a tactical, turn-based RPG will be released on May 15th!

Starting from today, you can pre-order the game directly from us with a 10% discount and receive a Steam key and a DRM-free version when the game releases. As a special pre-order bonus you will also get a free copy of a digital book about the creation of the game on May 31st.

Read more about the pre-order in the official Druidstone blog:
https://www.druidstone-game.com

Pre-order trailer:
I can't wait for this game!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

So they announced release and pre-order (at 10% off!): http://sierrahelp.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 839#p70839

As for the story - you control several people... the main one (you) are a Guardian that's awakened from a cocoon... with little memory of your past. Something (they call it The Cancer) is infecting the woods. It turns normal creatures hostile (and it will also, if you don't defeat the Cancer in the areas you're in within a specific number of rounds) - summons things and makes the situation much, much, much more dire. So for example, the first one has 3 cancer things you need to destroy - there's a few Giant Wasps (very low health), a few slugs (medium health), and a few skeletons (medium health) - against you, a Priestess and a Wizard... each mission has goals to complete (the only mandatory one is defeating the cancer) - but the first one is also "Open both treasure chests before defeating the cancer" as a bonus... However, you need to defeat the cancer in 9 rounds... seems easy - but everything's spread apart - so you have to maximize all you movements and actions to meet the bonus goal. And at certain points - for example round 7 (I think it was) - The Cancer summons a mess of monsters to try and stop you. Also, randomly, during the rounds a single monster might be summoned. In the end all you need to do in that first fight is defeat all three cancers - and the rest will perish.
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Re: Druidstone Release Date Announced!

Post by Qbix »

Oh nice!
I finished the first legend of grimrock.
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

How does it play ? Is it very different from Grimrock ?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Druidstone Release Date Announced!

Post by Tawmis »

Qbix wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:21 am Oh nice!
I finished the first legend of grimrock.
Oh! Another LOG player? :D
I finished the first one... have not (yet?) finished the second one... Second one vastly improves over the first. It has a ton of outside stuff - so it's not all just interior walls and caves.
Because the game (LOG1) doesn't explain why you're thrown into Grimrock - me, being the odd person I am began writing a story. Highlight was having one of the developers comment on the story. My passion about the game (and experience running/admining/moderating forums) eventually got me promoted to Moderator on those forums.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Qbix wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:21 am How does it play ? Is it very different from Grimrock ?
Very different.

It plays more like Realms of Arkania. So you have "movement points" which break down to Moving, Attack, Defense, and Special Attacks (or Magic).

So for example, say your character can move 10 squares on the map. If you move all 10, you can then not attack. But if you move 8, and stop next to a monster, you can attack (with your sword).
The priestess and wizard just need line of sight (Priestess uses a bow, Wizard uses spells) - but depending on the weapon/spell, they have a maximum distance also.

So for example, if the Wizard has line of sight of Monster 01, but it's 12 spaces away - and the Wizard wants to use Fireball, which only reaches 10 spaces - the Wizard will need to move 2 spaces closer, then cast.

This trailer shows how the combat system works.

Return to “Non-Sierra Games & Help”