Best Sierra's Musical Score

Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Best Sierra's Musical Score

Post by Tawmis »

I have a HUGE collection of MP3s from Quest Studios that I have thrown on my iPod. I don't have them on the random shuffle - but on the Sierra Play List. Whenever I am feeling funky. (Because admittedly, it's odd playing/blasting the music for LSL3 from my SUV). :)
the_doctor
Sierra Lover

Post by the_doctor »

Tawmis wrote:(Because admittedly, it's odd playing/blasting the music for LSL3 from my SUV). :)
heheh, might discover a local Sierra fan that way tho!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

the_doctor wrote:
Tawmis wrote:(Because admittedly, it's odd playing/blasting the music for LSL3 from my SUV). :)
heheh, might discover a local Sierra fan that way tho!
Very true. The music/theme was my ringtone and people at work (when someone dialed me) would always ask what it was.
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

It must be a tie between QfG4 and KQ6. KQ6's songs describe the emotions in each scene so perfectly. As for the cell phone's ring tone, mine is Beauty's theme when she's still on the Isle of the Crown.
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

Difficult to say. I've always found music from the Gabriel Knight series quite moving and appealing, as well as more...real. I can't really think of a better word, but it sounds less like game music and more like part of the overall world.

Of course, there are some beautiful pieces in the Quest for Glory series as well. I've always liked the music for Erana's various retreats, the mother of the world, and Aziza's home, among others. I especially love some of the tracks for QfG5: the underwater music, the dryad music, the Silmarian days and nights music. *sigh of nostalgia*

Other than that I have a fondness for a piece or two from KQ4 just because it was my first game with music. Even though it sounds very "beepy" now, I thought it was wonderful and stirring at the time.
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

The Magic Meadow for QfG1 is one of Mark Seibert's favorite pieces that he did for Sierra. You can here a recording of it with a real guitar here. It is from the Sierra Soundtrack Collection. You will need the real player plugin to play it.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

My kinda thread! There are so many good scores. My favourite composers are (in order) Mark Seibert, Ken Allen, and Bhris Brayman. The others are all excellent as well but those are my favourites. Space Quest 4, Conquests of Camelot, King's Quest 5, King's Quest 6, and Police Quest 2 are all among my favourites.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

The theme music to Gabriel Knight is one of my favorites.
abyss
Sierra Fan

Post by abyss »

Best music is defiantely police quest 3. It had such great music and that oppening part is just so great.
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

Collector wrote:The Magic Meadow for QfG1 is one of Mark Seibert's favorite pieces that he did for Sierra. You can here a recording of it with a real guitar here. It is from the Sierra Soundtrack Collection. You will need the real player plugin to play it.
I actually had the Sierra Soundtrack Collection. :mrgreen: I've heard that one and it is lovely. *nod*
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Lynda
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by Lynda »

It's hard to claim just one Sierra song as a favorite...the theme from Erana's Peace, Silmaria Days and Nights, all the GK music, not to mention the KQ classics...then for fun, there's the Leshy song from QG4, the Space Quest theme song, SQ3 World O Wonders tune and (of course!) the elevator music from Shivers 1... (!)

Perhaps the theme from Erana's Peace, and Silmaria Days and Nights, are my faves. But that could change in the next five minutes *grin!*
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fishburger and realize, Oh my God...I could be eating a slow learner..."

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”