Leisure Suit Larry 2 Commentary

Slipping into your Leisure Suit? Need tips? Or just want to discuss Leisure Suit Larry (Ladies, try to keep the swooning to a minimum, please!) - this is the place to do it!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Leisure Suit Larry 2 Commentary

Post by Tawmis »

And yes, I will get it added to the Wiki too, Collector! :D

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Leisure Suit Larry 2 Commentary

Post by Rath Darkblade »

It's getting awkward now. Really, really awkward. *shrug* (And yes, I watched the whole thing...) ;) Perhaps 1988 was a different time, a different place? *shrug*

Incidentally - oh, dear ... you missed an excellent gag that the game tells you. ;-)

When Larry sits at the computer for Chief Kenenau-Keanu-Reeves (however you spell it :P), he - Larry - writes a new piece of software in assembly language; this is a very, very early programming language (1949-present). It's a low-level symbolic code converted by an assembler. And what does Larry write?

Eunuchs. *face palm* A double pun!!! One of Al's best puns!!! :P A reference to Larry's continual search for love/lust, and - er ... well, say the word "Eunuchs" and see what it reminds you of ...

(...if it doesn't remind you of anything, the answer is below - but, I warn you, it's a really, really bad pun ... so bad it's good...) ;)

Unix. ;) :P

Yes, Larry writes Unix in about 15 seconds. The same OS that it took a research team at AT&T years and years to create. :ugeek: The same OS that, today, is the basis of MacOS, and therefore of all Apple iProducts. And Larry writes it all. In 15 seconds.

My hero, indeed. :P So Larry is to blame for all the Apple fanbois, all the Apple hype - the whole, entire iFad. ;)
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

I watched. It seems that after a restart, the capture is missing the bottom a bit.
Aside from that. Nice commentary and I didn't have awkward feelings like Rath had.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:14 am It's getting awkward now. Really, really awkward. *shrug* (And yes, I watched the whole thing...) ;) Perhaps 1988 was a different time, a different place? *shrug*
and then...
Qbix wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:44 pm Aside from that. Nice commentary and I didn't have awkward feelings like Rath had.
Hah! Rath is referencing my own comment where the game just doesn't seem to end... and you just see Larry and Kalalau seemingly just... going at it on the beach behind the bushes...
So I end it with saying, "This is getting awkward... real awkward..." :lol:
Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:14 am Eunuchs. *face palm* A double pun!!! One of Al's best puns!!! :P A reference to Larry's continual search for love/lust, and - er ... well, say the word "Eunuchs" and see what it reminds you of ...
Unix. ;) :P
Yes, Larry writes Unix in about 15 seconds. The same OS that it took a research team at AT&T years and years to create. :ugeek: The same OS that, today, is the basis of MacOS, and therefore of all Apple iProducts. And Larry writes it all. In 15 seconds.
My hero, indeed. :P So Larry is to blame for all the Apple fanbois, all the Apple hype - the whole, entire iFad. ;)
Hah! Fear not, I caught the Unix joke. :)
Qbix wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:44 pm I watched. It seems that after a restart, the capture is missing the bottom a bit.
So, that is random - you see it appears and disappears.
So when I capture in DOSBox, Sony Movie Studio Platinum (which I use for edits) refuses to accept the captures. I've tried installing the ZBAC (or however) codec, even as Admin, and it's to no avail.
So what I do is run it through Handbrake - which for some reason, on some changed it from 320x200 to 320x199 (or something similar) - so on some of the captures the "score" line or the bottom disappear. It's not a big deal. But it's not an issue with DOSBox, it's something with how Handbrake was handling some of the captures when converting them to something that SMSP can open.

EDIT: Added to the Wiki, Collector.
http://wiki.sierrahelp.com/index.php?ti ... hs.2FHints

I assume that's the right one. Have it opening in a new window and everything.
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

Tawmis wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:52 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:14 am It's getting awkward now. Really, really awkward. *shrug* (And yes, I watched the whole thing...) ;) Perhaps 1988 was a different time, a different place? *shrug*
and then...
Qbix wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:44 pm Aside from that. Nice commentary and I didn't have awkward feelings like Rath had.
Hah! Rath is referencing my own comment where the game just doesn't seem to end... and you just see Larry and Kalalau seemingly just... going at it on the beach behind the bushes...
So I end it with saying, "This is getting awkward... real awkward..." :lol:
Ah like that. I misunderstood that :)

Return to “The Leisure Suit Larry Series”