Bypassing bugs in QfG4 - it's worth trying ScummVM too

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
Nowhere Girl
Sierra Enthusiast

Bypassing bugs in QfG4 - it's worth trying ScummVM too

Post by Nowhere Girl »

"Quest for Glory 4" is supported by the new version of ScummVM and I tried playing it in ScummVM for the first time. My observations: generally, ScummVM doesn't allow bypassing the minor and unimportant bugs. For example, before the hero reaches 200 points in climbing (I played as a Paladin who graduated from a Wizard, not Fighter, so the book on climbing is not available to me, even though in theory is should) and he practices on the tree in the graveyard, clicking it makes the speed bar go to the max. Very slightly annoying, but doesn't hinder playing in any way... So, this kind of bugs is still there. However, the terrible (and very hard to bypass) bug at the very ending - Ad Avis respawning - is gone now, I completed the ending sequence on the first try.
OmerMor
Sierra Obsessed

Re: Bypassing bugs in QfG4 - it's worth trying ScummVM too

Post by OmerMor »

You should definitely report your findings in their bug repository.
They are great at fixing Sierra's script bugs.
Semi-Happy Partygoer
Oldbie

Re: Bypassing bugs in QfG4 - it's worth trying ScummVM too

Post by Semi-Happy Partygoer »

Have there ever been any patches for Bonehead’s missing lines in the MPC version?

To clarify, there appear to be some unmapped lines of dialogue when you speak to Bonehead about the Jester. If you have the audio turned on, the onscreen text flashes briefly then cuts away, as there’s no audio file to play. You have to turn the audio off in order to read the text boxes.

Given that the RESOURCE.AUD file is over 12 hours in length, I haven’t yet found if the lines are present or if they were accidentally left out. Just curious if anyone’s checked into it; many other bugs get discussed frequently but I, at least, haven’t seen this one come up before.
"It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers" - James Thurber

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”