The D&D Corner (and other Pen & Paper - or virtual - RPGs!) <3

Just like the title says. Fun little forum related games and threads. Come in here and have some fun!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The D&D Corner

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:36 am As far as I know, a Triton is a half-man, half-fish creature (like a male Mermaid). This Triton looks like an painted elf (no, NOT Zevran!) :P
Yes, but remember, D&D has Gorgons as bulls, and Medusas as a separate monster. :)
Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:36 am Just guessing re: mining steel -- you were thinking of Skyrim, right? ;) You can mine steel there.
Never played Skyrim.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:36 am Also, what's stopping the goblins from picking their pockets in the night and making off with the party's stuff? ;) Or, even worse - cutting their throats? :shock:
Well the goblins were desperate for allies (they're out numbered by the "fish people" who are native to the island). So it would be ill advised to kill the party. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Labor Day - D&D Game I ran!
Water Elementals, Water Weirds, and Azer - Fiery Dwarf people?
Oh and a Gibbering Mouth!
And a lot of Critical Fails!
http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... nturers-27

And then the next day - same group - D&D continued!
Translating documents, Ropers (that nearly killed a few party members!), Xorns, and Fire Giants!
Oh yes, and even MORE critical fails!
http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... nturers-28
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Some reactions to the first instalment ...
Nor’Orn also identifies the Drow Poison daggers and how they work, and how they were the weapons often used by Drown Assassins
sp, I presume? :) Assassins who drown aren't very good at their job.

Hmm. What's the difference between a Water Weird and a Water Elemental? I know the Weirds are weaker, but ...

OH dear. Adrian called his mount Ms. Claws? Not married to Santa, I hope.

As for the Azer ... I thought Azer were defined as evil?

Moving on to the second instalment ...
We will use that the heat the furnace to quickly melt down the adamantine.
I think you mean *TO* heat the furnace. That sentence stopped me for a bit before I figured out what you meant.

... the encampment is surrounded by adamantine. Oh, great. :( That means the Elder Earth Elemental will be sniffing it out. On the plus side - maybe the party could mine some, smelt it, and forge themselves some new adamantine armour! :D Oh wait, this isn't Skyrim. :P

Yikes -- that Rope is one serious SOB. I've never seen something like that before.

Don reaches into the Xorn's gut? Ew. Why not disembowel the thing, clean it, and grab the gems like that?

Uhmmm... hold on. The picture of the Old Great Hall -- I've seen that before. That's the Palace at Markarth (in Skyrim)! ;)

This was fun. Thanks, Tawm! :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 pm Some reactions to the first instalment ...
Nor’Orn also identifies the Drow Poison daggers and how they work, and how they were the weapons often used by Drown Assassins
sp, I presume? :) Assassins who drown aren't very good at their job.
Hah! Yes!
Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 pm Hmm. What's the difference between a Water Weird and a Water Elemental? I know the Weirds are weaker, but ...
Water Weird looks more like a serpent made of water... Larry Elmore defined the look in those ENDLESS QUEST books from the 80s! :D
Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 pm OH dear. Adrian called his mount Ms. Claws? Not married to Santa, I hope.
What do you expect from a Paladin who worships the goddess of sex? :D
Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 pm As for the Azer ... I thought Azer were defined as evil?
Lawful Neutral by D&D standards.
https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Azer#content

In my world, they're Chaotic Good/Neutral Good.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 pm
We will use that the heat the furnace to quickly melt down the adamantine.
I think you mean *TO* heat the furnace. That sentence stopped me for a bit before I figured out what you meant.
Yes. TO is missing there.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 pm ... the encampment is surrounded by adamantine. Oh, great. :( That means the Elder Earth Elemental will be sniffing it out. On the plus side - maybe the party could mine some, smelt it, and forge themselves some new adamantine armour! :D Oh wait, this isn't Skyrim. :P
Well, the Drow are gathering admantine to make a huge Lolth statue... :)

The problem is admantine actually creates static and helps create "underground" clouds and rain, to keep the plant life going... so if it all goes away... that's bad all around. :)
Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 pm Yikes -- that Rope is one serious SOB. I've never seen something like that before.
First time in 30 years of D&D, I recall ever using a Roper.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 pm Don reaches into the Xorn's gut? Ew. Why not disembowel the thing, clean it, and grab the gems like that?
Xorn's have a rocky exterior - it'd be like trying to chip away at a mountain with a longsword.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 pm Uhmmm... hold on. The picture of the Old Great Hall -- I've seen that before. That's the Palace at Markarth (in Skyrim)! ;)
This was fun. Thanks, Tawm! :)
Yeah I google images, to help provide visuals during Discord.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Heh. Now I wonder what a Drown Assassin would be ... maybe he/she could only pretend to drown, to lure an enemy to their doom. (That reminds me of Deekin! Doom, doomity doom doom of dooms!) :P

All kidding aside, maybe it could be worth creating. An assassin subset. Could be interesting. "Aah, you're too tough -- I'm getting out of here!" *SPLASH!!!* "Aaaaaagh, you're coming in after me! Good -- just what I wanted. Get that salt water in your lungs, you dirty rotten so-an-so!" ;) *stab, stab, stabbity stab!!!* :twisted:

(Sorry. I know it's silly) ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Heh - in EVERQUEST there's an area in the "newbie" spot that - if you're not careful you will run into "Drowned Citizens"...

They appear very much dead.

Until you get too close.

Read the comments and see how they've killed a lot of players. lol

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5709
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Jesus. I know I'd be freaking out too if I saw a bunch of floaty dead-looking corpses who turned out to be zombies that could swim, run, float, fight AND give you nasty diseases. :shock: And there were loads of them.

Why does Michael Jackson's Thriller come to mind? Except -- less singing, more whacking. And floating. And diseasing. Until you're dead, mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha. :P
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:32 pm Jesus. I know I'd be freaking out too if I saw a bunch of floaty dead-looking corpses who turned out to be zombies that could swim, run, float, fight AND give you nasty diseases. :shock: And there were loads of them.
Why does Michael Jackson's Thriller come to mind? Except -- less singing, more whacking. And floating. And diseasing. Until you're dead, mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha. :P
:lol: Yeah there were always corpses around the Drowned Citizens, of players who underestimated them. Or thought they could pass by them without aggro.

A lot of people make the mistake of just jumping in the water rather than sticking to the ledge.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Not a lot of story in last night session; because it was a sit and wait situation - so I packed it with a single, deadly fight - that our heroes had a pretty difficult time with!

http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... nturers-29
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:32 pm Jesus. I know I'd be freaking out too if I saw a bunch of floaty dead-looking corpses who turned out to be zombies that could swim, run, float, fight AND give you nasty diseases. :shock: And there were loads of them.
I forgot I'd made this to show you... my Wizard is Level 13.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hold on a minute. At 4:06, you run through a wall????? :shock: That ... makes even less sense than being killed by someone who's drowned. :P

Anyway, I collected these -- just for fun.

Really Awful D&D Pickup Lines

- Girl, I must be a paladin because I wanna lay my hands on you.
====================
- I rolled a 5 on my Diplomacy check to haggle with the hotel manager. We get half-off, but we have to share.
====================
- Are you a mind flayer? Because my brain is consumed by you.
====================
- Anything that involves Rods. Or Staves. Or Wands.
====================
- "I seduce her!"

"In front of the King...?"

"I'm a sex wizard, with 69th level sex magic!"

"Thats not a thing!"

"IT IS IF I WISH IT!"
====================
- Don't worry, I've got protection aura.
====================
- I think your beauty just flanked me, 'cause I sure feel flat-footed.
====================
- If I told you that you had a beautiful breastplate would you hold it against me?
====================
And, also just for fun ...

Funny D&D Lines

- "GENDER DOES NOT DEFINE MY CHARACTER! HAVING A PET DRAGON DOES!"

If you can command a dragon, sexism (KoDT-style) goes out the window ...
====================
- “As a free action, can I regret my life choices?"
====================
- "I ROLL HANDLE ANIMAL ON THE CHILD!"
====================
- “That little halfling rogue's yet again stolen my loot because 'it's in character'.

Well I'm a half-orc - and it's in character for me to spit-roast the bastard. Cannibalism is an option in this game, right?”

"If you can imagine it, you can do it."

"Woo-hoo! Now he's part of a balanced breakfast!"
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:41 pm Hold on a minute. At 4:06, you run through a wall????? :shock: That ... makes even less sense than being killed by someone who's drowned. :P
It's a secret passage. Not entirely unheard of. Where you pass through what appears to be a wall and isn't. Especially in fantasy.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:41 pm “As a free action, can I regret my life choices?"
Lines similar to that have come up in my game.
"As a free action, can I regret running up to the Drider?"
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Recap notes to today's (well, OK - yesterday's, since it's 2:19am) session for the other D&D game I run can be found here:
http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... scovery-02

For these guys, Ben (who is playing the female monk Arhian) is the real life brother to Jessica (who is my original game with Anita, then I dragged her into my "Work" game since the game with Anita is on hold, and I dragged her into her brother's game too)... I've been enjoying it. Because Jessica's only ever played D&D with me, and she's gotten REALLY into it. Ben and the person playing Sindri have played D&D before. The others are fairly new to it - and today, they got into one fight with two different monsters that had the party scrambling for what to do! Was really cool to see them come together and work it out!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Back over to the work group - the party continues through the Shadow Vale and explores the fallen dwarven courtyard...
http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... nturers-30
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

The Drow Saga continues - with a bit of foreshadowing of future adventures to come...
http://tawmis.com/kneurth/adventure-not ... nturers-31

Return to “Community Games”