Leisure Suit Larry III Music.

Slipping into your Leisure Suit? Need tips? Or just want to discuss Leisure Suit Larry (Ladies, try to keep the swooning to a minimum, please!) - this is the place to do it!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Leisure Suit Larry III Music.

Post by Tawmis »

Released today - don't forget to like and subscribe to the channel. ;)

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Leisure Suit Larry III Music.

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Er ... I'm not sure what the difference is. What is GM? How does one video of music (I won't call them "music videos" ;)) differ from the other?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

There are some that I have digital files for - already in MP3 (or .OGG) format.

But there's some that were MIDI files that I converted to MP3 - and depending on the source of the MIDI file it'd sound different.
(It's like revving a Lamborghini engine next to a Ford Focus engine - it's going to sound different) :)

So a break down from the Quest Studios Archive Site -

MIDI File Formats
MT-32 – Designed for playback on Roland L/A Synths: MT-32, CM-32L, CM-64, LAPC-I
GM/SC – Designed for playback on Roland Sound Canvas SC-55 General MIDI modules and sound cards.
GM/SB – Designed for playback on Creative Labs Sound Blaster General MIDI sound cards.
GS – Designed for playback on Roland Sound Canvas SC-55 GS compatible modules and sound cards.
XG – Designed for playback on Yamaha XG sound cards, modules, and softsynths.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Thanks, Tawm. :) No wonder I had no idea about any of these - in the 90s, I never dealt with any sound cards, other than the Sound Blaster.

So ... I listened to the "GM to MP3" video, and I have some comments! :D

29:16 - reminds me a lot of the old-fashioned black-and-white films (before "talkies" came in). ;) Any idea which scene it comes from? No problem if you can't remember.

1:01:45 sounds like ... prayer? Or a dirge? Or possibly suspenseful music (Larry trying to cross a chasm, or do something equally dangerous and stupid). :P Any idea what's going on there?

At 1:07:36, there is again suspenseful music that is resolved with a triumphant trumpet fanfare. Sounds like someone falling ... and suddenly, "TA-DA!" :lol: Any idea when that music happens?

The music that starts at 1:10:39 reminds me of "cowboy" music (for lack of a better term) - possibly something to do with pigs. Any idea when that music happens? Is this when Patti tries to ride the rapids? Or is it when Patti confronts the feral pig? ;-)

The piece immediately after the "pig" music sounds very reminiscent of "wild natives". Is this when Larry & Patti get captured and put in the cage? ;)

At 1:19:35, it sounds a bit weird. I'm not an expert like you, but it sounds like Space Quest, not Leisure Suit Larry. ;)

Thanks for taking all the trouble to do these, Tawm. They're fun. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:24 pm Thanks, Tawm. :) No wonder I had no idea about any of these - in the 90s, I never dealt with any sound cards, other than the Sound Blaster.
Thanks for taking all the trouble to do these, Tawm. They're fun. :)
My pleasure, like you - I was primarily SB and Adlib.
My friend Shawn's father had the full Roland and all the expensive stuff.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

LSL3 MT proper - thanks MI

Return to “The Leisure Suit Larry Series”