Introduce Yourself!

Notices and what's new on SHP and the forums
goatmeal
Sierra Veteran

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post by goatmeal »

Collector wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:50 pm
Don't forget Fudd's First Law of Opposition, nor Teslicle's Deviant.
Who could forget?

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: "If you push something hard enough, it will fall over."

and

Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: "Half of what goes in here must come out there."
goatmeal
Sierra Veteran

Post by goatmeal »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:44 am
Don't forget Flanders and Swann! :)
I don't think I've ever heard of them; I'll have to look them up! :)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

From wikipedia ...
Flanders and Swann were a British comedy duo. Lyricist, actor and singer Michael Flanders (1922–1975) and composer and pianist Donald Swann (1923–1994) collaborated in writing and performing comic songs. They first worked together in a school revue in 1939 and eventually wrote more than 100 comic songs together. They were active together from 1956 to 1967.
All right, so obviously their songs are a little old-fashioned and (occasionally) refer to things that were current then, like Charles de Gaulle or the Profumo Affair. But most of their songs stand alone and don't need much explaining. :) For instance:

The Hippopotamus Song
Mozart Horn Concerto

Michael Flanders occasionally also did funny monologues, like Built Up Area and Greensleeves. :)

Hope that gives you a taste! :)
Jude Austin
Noob

Post by Jude Austin »

Newbie here! I'm a writer who loves sharing her work - fanfic and otherwise - with the world! :D I'd like to post some Sierra fanfic here but couldn't see any rules; can I just start a topic in the Fanfic board and post it there?

Anyway, I grew up on Sierra games. The first one I remember playing is Police Quest; I was a little kid at the time, so I mainly just liked going to Carol's and drinking coffee XD Next up was Sorceria, followed by KQV (I got II and IV later at a convention. Fun fact: KQIV was the only Sierra game I ever ragequit and never went back to :P)

My favorite series was probably Space Quest, as they were the first Sierra games I ever managed to complete by myself. I also love LSL, as I enjoy Al Lowe's kind of humor ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Jude Austin wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:38 am Newbie here! I'm a writer who loves sharing her work - fanfic and otherwise - with the world! :D I'd like to post some Sierra fanfic here but couldn't see any rules; can I just start a topic in the Fanfic board and post it there?
Anyway, I grew up on Sierra games. The first one I remember playing is Police Quest; I was a little kid at the time, so I mainly just liked going to Carol's and drinking coffee XD Next up was Sorceria, followed by KQV (I got II and IV later at a convention. Fun fact: KQIV was the only Sierra game I ever ragequit and never went back to :P)
My favorite series was probably Space Quest, as they were the first Sierra games I ever managed to complete by myself. I also love LSL, as I enjoy Al Lowe's kind of humor ;)
Welcome to the forum!
I've changed your status so your posts shouldn't require approval anymore!
And we happen to have a fanfic/story/general writing section called "The Bard's Forum" over here!
http://sierrahelp.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=65

Would love to see what ye got!
rogerwilco
Noob

Post by rogerwilco »

Hi Sierra Friends, I'm very happy to have found this forum.
It's tricky to find (for me anyway) like minded folk who love the old Sierra games. The Space Quest Sagas are my personal favorites; I played them so much growing up (and still do) over and over again! Although, I've never played sq6... I have it, installed, for many years, but I can't bring myself to actually play it. I think maybe it's because I know there is no more if I do. It's always 1 through 5 and then start again!
One of my biggest joys about it was also the music and sounds. And I'm very keen to get some old sound effects and music in modern format one of these days. I was very happy to see the old comics on here too - in pdf!
Anyways I look forward to the conversations.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

rogerwilco wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:25 am Hi Sierra Friends, I'm very happy to have found this forum.
It's tricky to find (for me anyway) like minded folk who love the old Sierra games. The Space Quest Sagas are my personal favorites; I played them so much growing up (and still do) over and over again! Although, I've never played sq6... I have it, installed, for many years, but I can't bring myself to actually play it. I think maybe it's because I know there is no more if I do. It's always 1 through 5 and then start again!
One of my biggest joys about it was also the music and sounds. And I'm very keen to get some old sound effects and music in modern format one of these days. I was very happy to see the old comics on here too - in pdf!
Anyways I look forward to the conversations.
Welcome to the forums! I've modified your permissions so your posts shouldn't need approval going forward!
Space Quest is a very loved game! There's a whole section dedicated to Space Quest over here -
http://sierrahelp.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10

But I also highly recommend checking out our little Sierra related community forum games we have going! Feel free to jump into any of them! Or if you have questions about the game - post it in the thread! We're an extremely friendly bunch!
http://sierrahelp.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=89

Return to “Announcements”