If Laura Bow went into a third game...

Feeling like this game could be murder... literally? Well, come on in here for some extra detective work (and clues/hints/etc!) for the Laura Bow games (The Colonel's Bequest and The Dagger of Amon Ra).
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

If Laura Bow went into a third game...

Post by Tawmis »

... what are some things you would have liked to have seen?

Maybe story wise?
Character wise?
Voice actors?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: If Laura Bow went into a third game...

Post by Rath Darkblade »

But, but, but ... there is a third game... :(

(gotcha) :D
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:50 am But, but, but ... there is a third game... :(

(gotcha) :D
Yeah, but similar to the Goldrush 2 game (by Sunlight games), I meant if it'd continued during it's time (so, for example, if Roberta Williams made a third one).
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Maybe put Laura back in a remote location. "Trapped in a New York City museum but no one tries breaking a window" didn't really cut it for me.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:40 pm Maybe put Laura back in a remote location. "Trapped in a New York City museum but no one tries breaking a window" didn't really cut it for me.
Yeah; I like Dagger of Amon Ra, by itself. But when you realize Colonel's Bequest was the prequel; to me, Colonel's Bequest outshines Dagger of Amon Ra in every way (well, OK, other than graphics; but consider Colonel's Bequest is one of the most well done games; graphically, in Sierra games of that time... still, almost outshines Dagger of Amon Ra that way too).
Semi-Happy Partygoer
Oldbie

Post by Semi-Happy Partygoer »

notbobsmith wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:40 pm Maybe put Laura back in a remote location. "Trapped in a New York City museum but no one tries breaking a window" didn't really cut it for me.
That hadn’t really occurred to me before but you’re right. There are a few inconsistencies with being trapped in a building in the middle of a crowded city, especially since there were so many windows. If Laura could use that dinosaur bone to smash emergency glass, she definitely could’ve smashed her way outside.

It’s also unfortunate the programming didn’t allow for the characters to react to the increasing number of corpses. They just go waltzing by bodies like it’s no big deal.

TCB’s alligator filled swamp and hidden bodies do make it a bit more believable why no one can escape or seems to understand what’s going on. You’d think the Dagger cast would all be hammering at the door to break it down, but even the numerous bad guys don’t seem unduly worried. I still love the game, but there is an artifice to the situation and how everyone behaves.
"It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers" - James Thurber
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Semi-Happy Partygoer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:53 pm It’s also unfortunate the programming didn’t allow for the characters to react to the increasing number of corpses. They just go waltzing by bodies like it’s no big deal.
TCB’s alligator filled swamp and hidden bodies do make it a bit more believable why no one can escape or seems to understand what’s going on. You’d think the Dagger cast would all be hammering at the door to break it down, but even the numerous bad guys don’t seem unduly worried. I still love the game, but there is an artifice to the situation and how everyone behaves.
I think I talked about that in my commentary of LB2. When - what's his name - the weasel guy is pierced by a dinosaur. I walked into the room and there's - I can't remember her name - but one of the women is standing there. And if you talk to her - there's no dialogue about accusing her (did you catch her red handed?) - the only people that react are Laura, when she first finds it. And the bodies just stay there and people continue to walk around. It's definitely something that made LB2 a weaker game.

EDIT - Ziggy and Yvette.

And I do comment on it... lol

Return to “The Laura Bow Games”