Favorite of the Series?

Feeling like this game could be murder... literally? Well, come on in here for some extra detective work (and clues/hints/etc!) for the Laura Bow games (The Colonel's Bequest and The Dagger of Amon Ra).
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Favorite of the Series?

Post by Tawmis »

So if you had to pick a favorite from the Laura Bow series - which one would it be and why?
And do you have a least favorite? What makes it so?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Favorite of the Series?

Post by Rath Darkblade »

It depends. LB1 is great - I love the writing and the setting. Then again, LB2's writing and setting is just as good, and the graphics are better. ;)

There are some things that don't make sense, though ... e.g. someone is dead. But someone else wanders into the room, and doesn't even pay attention. WTF? :shock: :lol:
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:55 pm It depends. LB1 is great - I love the writing and the setting. Then again, LB2's writing and setting is just as good, and the graphics are better. ;)

There are some things that don't make sense, though ... e.g. someone is dead. But someone else wanders into the room, and doesn't even pay attention. WTF? :shock: :lol:
I prefer the whole feel of LB1. The entire swamp and everything felt so real.

LB2, I enjoyed. But it lacked something that the first one had.
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

I keep going back and forth over this. On one hand, the tone of Amon Ra seems off. The character are a bit cartoony. Many of the displays in the museum are jokes. The deaths are almost comedic (impaled by pterodactyl). And then you are trapped in a museum in New York where you should be able to break a window or force a door. That said, it feels more like a proper adventure game. TCB you just wander around as the plot unfolds around you. You don't have to do anything. But it does convey a sense of dread and paranoia that I like.

Return to “The Laura Bow Games”