Favorite of the Series?

Feeling like you're being haunted? Well, if you look in here, you may find (or at least post for some help!) the answers you're looking for - for the Phantasmagoria games!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Favorite of the Series?

Post by Tawmis »

So if you had to pick a favorite from the Phantasmagoria series - which one would it be and why?
And do you have a least favorite? What makes it so?
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Favorite of the Series?

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Sorry, I don't have favourites here. Never played this game.
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

To be honest, I didn't really care for either. I'm just not a fan of the genre. The over-the-top gore was a bit much for me. But Phantasmagoria 2 had the crazy plot, so I guess the first one wins by default.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:24 pm To be honest, I didn't really care for either. I'm just not a fan of the genre. The over-the-top gore was a bit much for me. But Phantasmagoria 2 had the crazy plot, so I guess the first one wins by default.
There isn't too much gore, unless you die, really. Yes, in the first we see what's his name killing his wives, but usually those aren't gore filled (there is a few that don't show gore but the method of torture is atrocious, I suppose). Heck, I saw more gore in Gabriel Knight 3 with the amount of times that damn pendulum got me. :lol:
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Tawmis wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:01 pm
notbobsmith wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:24 pm To be honest, I didn't really care for either. I'm just not a fan of the genre. The over-the-top gore was a bit much for me. But Phantasmagoria 2 had the crazy plot, so I guess the first one wins by default.
There isn't too much gore, unless you die, really. Yes, in the first we see what's his name killing his wives, but usually those aren't gore filled (there is a few that don't show gore but the method of torture is atrocious, I suppose). Heck, I saw more gore in Gabriel Knight 3 with the amount of times that damn pendulum got me. :lol:
The gore really didn't bother me that much, but it had a very cheesy B-movie look to it.

Return to “The Phantasmagoria Games”