New Monkey Island reference...

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

New Monkey Island reference...

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: New Monkey Island reference...

Post by Rath Darkblade »

:lol: @ Adam West song. He makes a good point, except that I would rather not put jalapeno sauce in my eyes. That would hurt.

Putting that aside, yes - I saw the Monkey Island 'debate' about the new graphics. "Oh no, it looks different to the usual! I'm not buying!!" Uh, fine. How about looking beyond the graphics? :| I was stuck with Windows 7 for a while there, which is why I didn't try the new MI game until I had a more up-to-date OS. But the game is fine. Complaining about the graphics ... is stupid. Foamy is right.

I'd never seen Foamy the Squirrel before. Just for fun, I looked up the one called "Stop Protecting Stupid People", and, um ... I can't stop laughing. "I know nuts may contain nuts. If it didn't, I'd be pretty pissed off!!!" :lol:

Seriously, though ... he's right. Some people are really dumb. I work in accounts within the healthcare industry. Once, when I was working in a hospital, I received a phone call from someone who insisted that I was "messing about" with her medication, and demanded to know why. :shock: (Whenever I tried to tell her that I had no access to her medication, she screamed that I was a liar). :roll: Eventually, there was a pause before she said "Oh - isn't this the pharmacy in [a suburb on the other side of the city]?"

I guess that was the cue for me to facepalm. The sad thing is, this was not the stupidest phone call I ever received. Oh well...
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:21 am I'd never seen Foamy the Squirrel before. Just for fun, I looked up the one called "Stop Protecting Stupid People", and, um ... I can't stop laughing. "I know nuts may contain nuts. If it didn't, I'd be pretty pissed off!!!" :lol:
Oh man, Foamy was around a long time ago. I was actually shocked to see a NEW video from them.
Foamy was popular when all those "flash cartoons" were around, such as Strongbad.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Oh, ok. (I remember Macromedia Flash - that's how old I am. *switches to Grampa Rath* Back when I was on the internet, we weren't surfing the web with colours and pretty pictures! It was all TEXT! *mumbles* An' we liked it that way). ;)

Was Foamy just a US thing? If so, that may explain why I'd never heard of him. *shrug* Besides, aren't there something like 3-4 million videos posted to YouTube every day? So maybe I missed Foamy, there. Who knows.

Speaking of which ... I started watching old Foamy episodes, and couldn't stop laughing, especially at "Gay Marriage" and "Immigration". :lol: Speaking as the child of immigrants myself (though not immigrants to the USA), I can confirm Foamy is absolutely right.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

This is the one that initially made Foamy popular, from what I remember:

You can tell Foamy's voice was much faster originally.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Yes, I wouldn't have been able to understand him without the subtitles in this video.

It's a valid comment on Starbucks though. I only went there once, years ago, and haven't been back. It's overpriced swill.

Return to “Non-Sierra Games & Help”