Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:30 pm That leaves Col. Dijon all on his lonesome own. Too bad. Maybe he might appreciate the company of Fifi, the French maid? (I know she doesn't hang around with him, but at least she wheels him into and out of places. ;) Come to think of it, of all the LB1 characters, I don't think we ever see Dijon in a tete-a-tete with anyone. How sad!) *shrug*
Well, Fifi is one of the many to die. So the Colonel is literally alone (since pretty much everyone else around him except Laura and the murderer, I think end up dead. I am trying to remember if Laura's friend survives... and is just crazy). :D

But the Colonel does indeed have a solo convo with Fifi which can be spied upon....
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:35 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:30 pm That leaves Col. Dijon all on his lonesome own. Too bad. Maybe he might appreciate the company of Fifi, the French maid? (I know she doesn't hang around with him, but at least she wheels him into and out of places. ;) Come to think of it, of all the LB1 characters, I don't think we ever see Dijon in a tete-a-tete with anyone. How sad!) *shrug*
Well, Fifi is one of the many to die. So the Colonel is literally alone (since pretty much everyone else around him except Laura and the murderer, I think end up dead. I am trying to remember if Laura's friend survives... and is just crazy). :D

But the Colonel does indeed have a solo convo with Fifi which can be spied upon....
When I played LB1, Laura's friend also winds up dead. :shock:

Now I wonder what kind of killer is going around killing everyone except Col. Dijon. I mean, Dijon is sitting on a pot of money. For a serial killer, it would make sense to kill him, not the others. Killing the others would simply make everyone else more and more suspicious and on their guard.

OTOH, killing Dijon in an unsuspicious manner (e.g. a drug that would 'put him to sleep' in his sleep), horrible as it may be, would draw no suspicion whatsoever. The police would be satisfied, the killer would get his/her share of the inheritance and go free, and no-one would say boo unless someone, somehow, had a strong enough suspicion (and theory) to get the coroner involved, who can then order an autopsy and discover that Col. Dijon had been murdered. :shock:

(P. S. Sorry for the run-on sentence. Won't happen again. ;)

P. S. S. Not sorry about the implications of the run-on sentence. I read too many murder mysteries) :D
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:29 pm
Tawmis wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:35 pm

When I played LB1, Laura's friend also winds up dead. :shock:

Now I wonder what kind of killer is going around killing everyone except Col. Dijon. I mean, Dijon is sitting on a pot of money. For a serial killer, it would make sense to kill him, not the others. Killing the others would simply make everyone else more and more suspicious and on their guard.

OTOH, killing Dijon in an unsuspicious manner (e.g. a drug that would 'put him to sleep' in his sleep), horrible as it may be, would draw no suspicion whatsoever. The police would be satisfied, the killer would get his/her share of the inheritance and go free, and no-one would say boo unless someone, somehow, had a strong enough suspicion (and theory) to get the coroner involved, who can then order an autopsy and discover that Col. Dijon had been murdered. :shock:

(P. S. Sorry for the run-on sentence. Won't happen again. ;)

P. S. S. Not sorry about the implications of the run-on sentence. I read too many murder mysteries) :D
Well others were killed for various reasons - and some, to ensure only one person would inherit the money.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

OK. Sorry for the tangent, but after a while, it confused me and I was unable to keep track. :| It was much easier to keep track in LB2. So, here's what I think happens in LB1 (hidden, so as not to spoil people who haven't played it):

Laura's friend Lillian goes mad with jealousy when she discovers that she is not the Colonel's favourite, so she decides to kill off everyone, so she'll be the favourite again. For that reason, She kills Gertrude Dijon (the Colonel's sister-in-law), Ethel Prune (the Colonel's younger sister and Lillian's mother), and Wilbur C. Feels (the Colonel's doctor).

I have no idea who kills Jeeves, Fifi and Gloria (Dijon's niece and Rudy's sister), or why, but I suspect Lillian did -- to increase her share of the inheritance.

I also don't know who kills Clarence Sparrow (Dijon's sneaky lawyer), but Gloria has an affair with him which she breaks off. So he also has a motive to kill her (jealousy). He is later killed, most likely by Lillian.

I also suspect that Lillian tried to kill Rudy (Dijon's nephew and Gloria's brother), but he got away, shot her in self-defence ... and then (in the ending) tries to kill Dijon (and blame the Colonel for trying to kill him, I think? It always confused me, because Dijon always struck me as a bit helpless). Rudy also can't frame Lillian for killing Dijon, because by that time, she is dead. (And that's just too bad). :P So, the ending confused me a little.

Have I got this right? Or close? :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:37 pm OK. Sorry for the tangent, but after a while, it confused me and I was unable to keep track. :| It was much easier to keep track in LB2. So, here's what I think happens in LB1 (hidden, so as not to spoil people who haven't played it):

Laura's friend Lillian goes mad with jealousy when she discovers that she is not the Colonel's favourite, so she decides to kill off everyone, so she'll be the favourite again. For that reason, She kills Gertrude Dijon (the Colonel's sister-in-law), Ethel Prune (the Colonel's younger sister and Lillian's mother), and Wilbur C. Feels (the Colonel's doctor).

I have no idea who kills Jeeves, Fifi and Gloria (Dijon's niece and Rudy's sister), or why, but I suspect Lillian did -- to increase her share of the inheritance.

I also don't know who kills Clarence Sparrow (Dijon's sneaky lawyer), but Gloria has an affair with him which she breaks off. So he also has a motive to kill her (jealousy). He is later killed, most likely by Lillian.

I also suspect that Lillian tried to kill Rudy (Dijon's nephew and Gloria's brother), but he got away, shot her in self-defence ... and then (in the ending) tries to kill Dijon (and blame the Colonel for trying to kill him, I think? It always confused me, because Dijon always struck me as a bit helpless). Rudy also can't frame Lillian for killing Dijon, because by that time, she is dead. (And that's just too bad). :P So, the ending confused me a little.

Have I got this right? Or close? :)
Well, the whole "bound to the wheelchair" was a ruse - you find his wheelchair near the end in the doctor's room - and he's found upstairs - standing on his feet, fighting Rudy -

As for the others - I can't remember who - but I know some were murdered due to a bundled deal... and/or gambling... Gloria was having an affair she wanted to end...

I was just shy of "Super Slueth"...

I missed something(s?) that needed a closer look ...

As well as finding out who else (possibly plural) was embezzling...

Also didn't find out WHO murdered the most people...

So there was clearly more to uncover.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Added the main guy from Gold Rush - had to put him in the forest, because on the parking lot his shirt goes invisible (same color) and next to the building other parts go invisible (same color) - so off by the trees worked best.

Also fixed the car size ratio.

Attachments
Image6.png
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there goes my post into the ether again. :x I replied to this thread this morning. I swear I did. But I don't remember what I said. Darn it! :(

IIRC, I said something like: "Called it! No more Sonny the Big Friendly Giant." ;)

Now that I look at it, Valanice looks like she's preggers. *raises eyebrow*

Nice work, Tawm. :) How about, for next year, we fit in the entire cast of QfG1 too? :lol:

(I kid! I kid! No pressure). *runs away before Tawm can say "Whaddayou, nuts?"* ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:55 am Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there goes my post into the ether again. :x I replied to this thread this morning. I swear I did. But I don't remember what I said. Darn it! :(

IIRC, I said something like: "Called it! No more Sonny the Big Friendly Giant." ;)

Now that I look at it, Valanice looks like she's preggers. *raises eyebrow*

Nice work, Tawm. :) How about, for next year, we fit in the entire cast of QfG1 too? :lol:

(I kid! I kid! No pressure). *runs away before Tawm can say "Whaddayou, nuts?"* ;)
Hey, who knows. If the Good Lord keeps me on Planet Earth for years to come, I may come back and add more people. Like Passionate Patti, folks from QfG (at the very least the Kitty people from QFG1 to QFG2), characters from Colonel's BeQuest (more of the people), and so on and so on. Maybe add a little each year.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”