Rock the vote for Christy Marx.

Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Rock the vote for Christy Marx.

Post by Tawmis »

Ironically, my Conquest of Camelot playthrough is uploading right now. And Christy Marx just posted this - let's get in there, vote, and share the good word!

Christy Marx:
Someone nominated me for a Lifetime Achievement Award at the GameHers site. On the “About” page, they say: “WHO WE ARE a community of women gamers, for women gamers. the*gamehers is the first and largest media platform and social networking community of women and femme-identifying gamers.” I admit, I’d kinda like to win this award. If you think my games work has earned that type of achievement, please go to their site and vote for me. Voting runs from Jan. 22 to Feb. 4. https://thegamehers.com/awards-2024 Thanks much.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Rock the vote for Christy Marx.

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Voted! :D

But I have one question about "Gamehers": where are the "Gamehims"? :roll:

Games are not exclusively for men OR women. That's the good thing about games. Everyone can play. There's no "watchman on the gates". No one says "You can't play because you're not a man." (Anymore. If they ever did ... after the 80s or 90s).

Why is there a need for a site just for female gamers? Sorry if this sounds naive. It just makes no sense to me.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:49 pm But I have one question about "Gamehers": where are the "Gamehims"? :roll:
Games are not exclusively for men OR women. That's the good thing about games. Everyone can play. There's no "watchman on the gates". No one says "You can't play because you're not a man." (Anymore. If they ever did ... after the 80s or 90s).
Why is there a need for a site just for female gamers? Sorry if this sounds naive. It just makes no sense to me.
Two reasons. Whoever made the site wanted to focus on a theme - female gamers. Entirely their right to do as it's their website.

Second, I assume - is because the gamers (both creators and players) used to be heavily male oriented. (Female gamers still get trash talked on a lot of those shoot'em up online games... because boys and their fragile egos don't like to get beat by girls) :D
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:47 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:49 pm But I have one question about "Gamehers": where are the "Gamehims"? :roll:
Two reasons. Whoever made the site wanted to focus on a theme - female gamers. Entirely their right to do as it's their website.

Second, I assume - is because the gamers (both creators and players) used to be heavily male oriented. (Female gamers still get trash talked on a lot of those shoot'em up online games... because boys and their fragile egos don't like to get beat by girls) :D
Fair enough. :) I'm not about to tell anyone what to do with their forums, and I'm certainly not going to insist on it.

As for guys who trash-talk female gamers ... sigh ... I hope they like playing alone. ;) If I get beaten in an online game, that's too bad, and I just need to practice more.

(But I don't play shoot-'em-up online games anymore, since almost everyone I tried playing with -- back in the days of Team Fortress 2 -- refused to play as a team, poured out verbal abuse, and was generally a jerk). :x

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”