Space Quest Machinima.

In Space No One Can Hear You Clean, er, Scream. But if you post in this forum about Space Quest - someone's sure to hear you. I think. Try it, anyway!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Space Quest Machinima.

Post by Tawmis »

So I do a Machinima (using a video game to make a video) series called "Neverending Nights" (write, edit, act, etc) using the Neverwinter Nights game - but one night I was bored and wanted to try my hand at a DOS game - and why not use a Sierra game?

Which would be the easiest to make a comedy with?

Space Quest or Leisure Suit Larry. Unfortunately this was just going to be a test and I had no female actors on hand for it - so Space Quest it was.

So first I tinkered with a trailer idea...

Once I saw it was possible - I threw this together -

Episode One

Episode Two

Unfortunately that's all I have done. I had a lot of fun tinkering with it. I did all the voices too. :D
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Re: Space Quest Machinima.

Post by Datadog »

Awesome! I remember you posting these on the Subspace Channel way back. Haven't seen them in a while. Still, nice job on them.
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

I think these were the first exposures to Tawmis for me. I discovered them way back before registering on Tawmis.com, and I didn't even realize who had made them until a few months ago.

Anyway, they're pretty awesome and it's a shame more never appeared.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Datadog wrote:Awesome! I remember you posting these on the Subspace Channel way back. Haven't seen them in a while. Still, nice job on them.
Indeed I did. :) Figured I'd post them here since we have a new crowd coming - and I don't think I was ever allowed to post them on the official Sierra forums? I think someone once scolded me (well not scolded, but told me posting links to that stuff was frowned upon for whatever reason).

JasefWisener wrote:I think these were the first exposures to Tawmis for me. I discovered them way back before registering on Tawmis.com, and I didn't even realize who had made them until a few months ago.

Anyway, they're pretty awesome and it's a shame more never appeared.
:lol: Yes. I am pretty much all over the internet in some form of fashion. ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

ULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTRA NECROPOST!

So I was digging around and rediscovered this little gem on my external drive. I checked the above links - whatever Youtube channel I'd thrown them on is long gone. So I searched Youtube - and found I created another Youtube channel called "Space Quest Machinima" - so I dug around on my computer and discovered the email address for that channel is tied to a domain I used to own that I no longer have access to... so one day that channel will probably get nuked.

So I decided to throw these on my Let's Play Sierra Games channel for preservation.

Episode 01:

Episode 02:

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

*hands Tawm the Robe of Necromancy +1,000, the Ring of VideoFinding +1,000,000, and the Staff of Reposting +1,000,000,000* ;)

These are great. I'm not sure how I've never seen them before.

Have you ever thought of doing a Quest for Glory Machinima? Let me know if you ever think about it. I'd love to help. :D

"Tawmis, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Rath, but how are we going to make 1,000 followers with Machinimas of old Sierra games?"
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:15 pm *hands Tawm the Robe of Necromancy +1,000, the Ring of VideoFinding +1,000,000, and the Staff of Reposting +1,000,000,000* ;)
These are great. I'm not sure how I've never seen them before.
Have you ever thought of doing a Quest for Glory Machinima? Let me know if you ever think about it. I'd love to help. :D
"Tawmis, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Rath, but how are we going to make 1,000 followers with Machinimas of old Sierra games?"
Hah! So what got me thinking about these (and thus digging them up) was doing a few more for my channel as fluff videos. The thing with QFG, is that they're very different from game to game. With the early games, I have an AGI editor, where I can edit Larry in LSL1, for example, to look like Roger Wilco from SQ1 and SQ2. Or Police Quest 1, or KQ1, 2 and 3.

Return to “The Space Quest Series”