Torin's Passage.

Feeling like this game is just out of this world but can't seem to get a handle on things? Well come on here to post and get some help about Torin's Passage!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: Torin's Passage.

Post by Collector »

I have a proposal. Whoever wins the "Biggest Larry Fan" thread can ask Al Lowe to join our board. Even if he doesn't have time to post here, it would be quite a coup d'état for our community. I have extended a personal invitation to Qbix, too.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

Collector wrote:I have a proposal. Whoever wins the "Biggest Larry Fan" thread can ask Al Lowe to join our board. Even if he doesn't have time to post here, it would be quite a coup d'état for our community. I have extended a personal invitation to Qbix, too.
That would be awesome!
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Collector wrote:I have a proposal. Whoever wins the "Biggest Larry Fan" thread can ask Al Lowe to join our board. Even if he doesn't have time to post here, it would be quite a coup d'état for our community. I have extended a personal invitation to Qbix, too.

Too late...
Tawmis' Gmail wrote: fromTawmis
toAlLowe

dateSun, Oct 12, 2008 at 12:45 AM
subjectHello Al! :-)
mailed-bygmail.com

12:45 AM (15 hours ago) Reply

I was (am!) a co-pilot for The Sierra Help Pages which initially started off as a site that had ways to tweak games Sierra games to work on Modern day machines. DOSBox helped this tremendously - but certain games still had a few issues - so Collector (clearly not his real name, right?) - the real driving force behind the site - started finding ways to tweak the games within DOSBox to get them to work. I used to host his site off mine (tawmis.com) - but with the announcement from Sierra/Vivendi/Activation/Whoever saying they were going to close down the classic Sierra game forums - we knew we had to move The SHP to its own domain and get its own forum - so we did.

The amazing work of Collector can be found at: http://www.sierrahelp.com/

(Not that you have time for it - but the forums are here: http://www.sierrahelp.com/forums/ )... ;-)

But the reason for this email besides that long winded intro was to ask about Torin's Passage 2 - or what would have been. On the forum I started a thread about it ( viewtopic.php?f=11&t=126 ) and I was talking about how much I loved TP - and how it's one of the few games I'd rate 10 out of 10 for games ever (the other being King's Quest VI) - then someone mentioned there was plans for other Torin's Passage games? Is this true? And if so - anything you could explain/talk about? (Feel free to email me back or join the forum and let us know! *snicker!*) :-)

The other thread you might get a kick out of is this one -
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=128

I sent you the article from InterAction - but don't think I sent you a scan of the original that triggered it.

Thanks for being you and giving so much to the gaming world.

You are like a god to me. Even after all these years. :-)

- Tawmis
EDIT - Took off the email addys in case sniffers try to capture it for spam.

As Collector said - a minion's work is never done.
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

Well if that picture of you doesn't get him to come post, then I don't think anything will.

;)
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Thanks from all of us, I'm sure!
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Return to “Torin's Passage”