Hero-U

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
OmerMor
Sierra Obsessed

Re: Hero-U

Post by OmerMor »

I'm sure the game will be great.
I'm only nitpicking the trailer. I expect trailers to be more like movie trailers: to tease me with the story - not with a list of traits the game is supposed to have.
However, looking at the QFG4 trailer ( it suffers from the same problem.
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

Yeah, the Hero-U is a very old-school style of game trailer that you don't see much of anymore, for better or worse. I wish it showed more story personally, but they can always release another trailer after release. In the beginning (but hopefully not throughout its life), I feel like all of the purchases of the game will be from people that know about it and already plan to give it a shot, so focusing on those aspects that "fans" are looking for may be all they need to do right now.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Lori & Corey Cole wrote: Today is the day! Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is now live on GOG at https://www.gog.com/game/herou_rogue_to_redemption. Steam coming soon - we're just waiting for Valve to approve the game app. I'll post again when the Steam page is live.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Lori & Corey Cole wrote: Game Keys Coming Soon
Posted by Corey Cole (Creator)

We have a slight delay in providing game keys to non-Beta (under $50) backers for a few reasons:
  • I'm giving people more time to answer the Steam vs. GOG key survey
    We're waiting for Valve to give the final game build their stamp of approval
    I came up about 300 Steam keys short, waiting for more keys
    The keys won't work until Valve approves the build anyway
Please have patience. I expect I can send the keys out tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest. But it isn't currently under my control.

Beta backers - You already have a Steam key. The game has been updated to the launch version. I plan to provide GOG keys to upper-tier ("Alpha") backers, and on request to any Beta backer. I wasn't able to survey you because I sent out surveys in 2013. Send email to support at hero-u dot net if you want a GOG key and already have a Steam beta key.

You should receive an email notification from BackerKit when your game key is assigned. Then you can go to https://hero-u-adventure-role-playing-g ... al_rewards to download all of your digital content.

Currently this consists of either a Steam or a GOG.com key, the technical manual, and the student handbook. If you remember the added booklet in each Quest for Glory game, the student handbook is that sort of fun, but also useful, document. It contains maps of the school, information about the professors and staff, and silly stuff.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

More Hero-U news - and something pretty cool that they did regard Steam key vs GoG Keys!

Read about it here:
http://larrylaffer.net/archives/3052
or
http://blog.sierrahelp.com/2018/07/11/h ... edemption/

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Sigh. :( I was planning to grab this on the weekend, but...

...if there's a game-locking bug that will be fixed in a patch, and the patch won't be released for another month, should I still grab the game? :?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:57 am Sigh. :( I was planning to grab this on the weekend, but...

...if there's a game-locking bug that will be fixed in a patch, and the patch won't be released for another month, should I still grab the game? :?
Well, they tell you what that bug is - I believe it's the looking at the specific photo that they told you not to look at.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Ack!!! :shock: What a surprise. Hero-U is based in Cagliari City (obviously a reference to Cagliari, the capital of Sardinia).

*I* am currently writing a story based in Caralis - the ancient name for Cagliari - and set during the Iron Age (roughly 900 BC).

And yes, there is a wizard, but he has nothing to do with Hero-U.

Still... what a coincidence! :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Interview with the Coles about HERO-U and stuff!
https://alternativemagazineonline.co.uk ... edemption/
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Sounds interesting! I'll definitely grab it when I'm back at my flat after this weekend. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Oh. :| Does this mean that it's better to wait until after Patch 2 comes out before I grab Hero-U?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:22 am Oh. :| Does this mean that it's better to wait until after Patch 2 comes out before I grab Hero-U?
I have a co-worker that's beat the game. So nothing is "game breaking."
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Tawmis wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:43 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:22 am Oh. :| Does this mean that it's better to wait until after Patch 2 comes out before I grab Hero-U?
I have a co-worker that's beat the game. So nothing is "game breaking."
Different bugs for different classes?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”