The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Gabriel Knight...

Voodoo got the best of you? Need a hint? Want to talk about Gabriel Knight? This is the place to do it!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Gabriel Knight

Post by Tawmis »

MusicallyInspired wrote:I was dumber then, though.
It's hard - impossible? - to believe I was also (much) dumber back then than I am now. :lol:
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

MusicallyInspired wrote:I just kept wandering around seeing shadows but nothing ever happened. I guess I was supposed to do something to trigger an event but I didn't figure it out at the time.
Would you like a hint? ;)
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

No no. I don't even remember anything about how I got there. It was years ago. I'll play from scratch and I'm sure I'll make it through. I have a strict no-hints policy when I play through adventure games for the first time (partly because I ruined some of my favourite ones as a kid by walkthroughing them).
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hmm... a walkthrough is very different to a hint, though. It's very possible to make a hint obscure enough so as not to ruin the game.

No problem and no pressure if you don't want one, obviously. :)
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I lump it all together. :)
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote:
MusicallyInspired wrote:I was dumber then, though.
It's hard - impossible? - to believe I was also (much) dumber back then than I am now. :lol:
No need to worry. We were all dumber back then than we are now. We age, we (naturally) experience things, and if we're smart - and sometimes very lucky - then we have the time to think things over. ;)

Isn't that what everybody says? "If I had known then what I know now"? But sometimes the things that we know now are things that we didn't want to know then; dark and dangerous things! :twisted: The things that we-now don't want the we-then to know. Stuff like how government really works, or what becomes of our childhood heroes.

So maybe the we-as-children (or teenagers, or whatever) would be happier not to know some of the things that we-as-adults know. I reckon that children-us and teenagers-us would be much happier, and sleep easier, if they don't know the things that adult-us know. ;)

Oh, wait - whoops! :shock: If the us-as-adults talk to the us-as-teenagers, or the us-as-children, wouldn't that create a time paradox and cause us both not to exist? :P

"Hi, I'm you from the future!" :D

"Hi, me!" 8-)

"Waaaaaaaaaaaiiiittttt... I've just caused a rip in the time-space continuum! Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-" :twisted:

Time-travel is a bugger. :P

Return to “The Gabriel Knight Series”