Silent Thunder install and speed issues

Time for the boom boom stick.
2Karl
Noob

Re: Silent Thunder install and speed issues

Post by 2Karl »

I think keep the installers there ; I've had a modicum of success running them through wine in Linux and I believe others have had success running XP in a vm; worth adding a note explaining the known issues on win 10 though.
Guibaesa
Al who?

Post by Guibaesa »

The installers work fine on previous windows versions. It just doesn't work on windows 10. It installs the game yes but due to the speed the game is unplayable.

Anyway, if you decide to pull them out its your choice.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Collector wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:33 am I'm sorry, but developing a new shim for Win10 could take quite a bit of time, something that I currently have very little of. Maybe I should just pull the problematic installers.
I'd just make a note that it has not been fully tested on Windows 10 for the ones that are discovered to be "problematic" on Windows 10.

Still people who run older OS that would make use of the installer.
(They could download the installer, for example from a Windows 10 machine, USB it to a Windows 7/8/8.1 machine - if they were paranoid about unsupported MS OS being on the internet) :)
Guibaesa
Al who?

Post by Guibaesa »

I would recommend you put a big note stating that while the installer does in fact, successfully installs the game on windows 10, the game itself is on an unplayable state.

Return to “A-10 Tank Killer Series”