The Brainless Box (aka Television Shows)

Talk about anything you want here
Jules
Delta Babe

Re: The Brainless Box (aka Television Shows)

Post by Jules »

Re the True Blood comments...

Warning: some spoilers in the book series ahead as well...

We're not sure even what to think about the series anymore. There wasn't a single moment I found myself really looking forward to the next episode because we could guess it was going to be filled with wtf moments that were too crazy to even wrap your head around. The ending was a big shocker but it made me think, did the writers think the series was going downhill so they had to kill off four people just to keep the attention? If Tara lived, I believe she could add more to the story like Tawm suggested but I wouldn't mind if she didn't return because I didn't like her role at all in Season 3. It was nothing but wide-eyed-scared-sh!tless looks on her face with her lip constantly trembling. I was, however, very sad that Jesus is dead. I really liked his role and loved his acting. He was just a cool dude. 8-) As for Debbie Pelt, in Book 4 of the series, Dead To The World, she does pull out a gun on Sookie at the end but Eric comes to the rescue, kills Debbie, hides her body and her car on Sookie's property in the woods. It was kind of a nice touch that Sookie shot her at point blank range. Ouch. :twisted: In the book, Debbie also was using witchcraft on Alcide to keep him in a haze as to not realize all the bad things she's done. Even though Eric regains his memory of who he really was, he doesn't remember the times he spent with Sookie until book 6 or so.

But after book 4, I could honestly not tell you a single thing that happened in a specific book up until book 8 or 9 because the theme was pretty much, "who's out to kill Sookie next". I think Charlaine Harris finally got enough criticism (my theory) where she needed to add more depth to her story and characters instead of having them run around like pawns on a chessboard. We don't even find out Sookie is a fairy until book 6 or so. Compared to the books, I'm glad to see some more entertaining moments in the TV series because I like it a lot more than the books. I'm really hoping the writers bring in events that happen in books 9, 10 and 11 to add some depth to the story and the characters' histories. :)

I wish they developed the story more with Jason being a were-panther because in the book he turns into a half-were-panther, only changing at midnight. That kinda got lost toward the end of the season. I wonder if they're going to bring Crystal back.

And I can't believe they killed off Claudine! She has a pretty prominent role until later on in the book series. I could have sworn she was going to stay because they get pretty deep with the fairy world in later books. Hmm..!
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Anyone watchin Downton Abbey, either on ITV (England) or PBS (US)?

I really think that, alongside Sherlock and Game of Thrones, it is the best thing currently on television! :)

Also, Pan Am on ABC was really interesting.
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

So... watching a few new shows I am digging...

Revenge is a fun show. You have to release your hold on reality in some of the situations, but really, it's entertainment, not reality.

Once Upon A Time... is one episode in and I am really digging it!

New Girl which has Zooey Deschanel (who I am madly in love with!) and happens to be the sister of Emily Deschanel (from Bones, another favorite show, and also the other woman I am madly in love with!)
the_rogue
Noob

Post by the_rogue »

(yes its therogue, I lost my pw to the other account)

Pretty much the only shows holding my attention lately are:
Fringe (OMGWTFHOMELOBOTOMYWHUT?)
QI (You shall never question Stephen Fry)
Sons Of Anarchy. (OMG Why am I the only person I know watching this show and thus have no one to ramble at about this show.)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Can't you just use the "forgot password" function?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

the_rogue
Noob

Post by the_rogue »

(no in my infinite forgetfullnes, I forgot to change the e-mail for the account from the long dead one still listed. I liked that old e-mail but allas it died from a severe case of spam)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

I can change the email to the one you used for this account.

Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

I've been watching (and enjoying) the new season of Lost Girl, Pan Am, Once Upon a Time, and Grimm. Fairy Tales or Faerie seems to the be the new thing lately (except for Pan Am of course, which seems to be jumping on the retro bandwagon). Todd & the Book of Pure Evil also starts season 2 tonight, so we'll see how that is.

One thing I'm concerned about is the fact that so many seasons seem to be much shorter lately. I'm not sure what there will be to watch in the new year!
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Of the new series I'm watching, I'm really liking Revenge (charming soapy fun), Pan Am and Once Upon a Time.

But the best shows I'm watching right now are ITV's Downton Abbey and HBO's Boardwalk Empire.
the_rogue
Noob

Post by the_rogue »

Collector wrote:I can change the email to the one you used for this account.
that would be great thank you

So I take it no one here is watching Sons Of Anarchy. ACK. Every single episode of this fourth season has me on the edge of my seat and nearly frothing at the mouth. Charlie Hunnam has come a hell of a long way since the days of Queer As Folk.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Done. You can reset your password now with the "Forgot password". If you have any trouble resetting it, let me know and I'll give you a temporary password.

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Going to go on record as saying HELL ON WHEELS is one of the BEST shows. Ever. Just finished watching the final episode of the first season... AMAZING! So FREAKING glad that Season 2 begins this year too! I don't have to wait forever!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Tawmis wrote:Going to go on record as saying HELL ON WHEELS is one of the BEST shows. Ever. Just finished watching the final episode of the first season... AMAZING! So FREAKING glad that Season 2 begins this year too! I don't have to wait forever!
AMC is making some top notch shows. They are currently reshowing some of the earlier Breaking Bad episodes, another great show from AMC.

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Collector wrote:
Tawmis wrote:Going to go on record as saying HELL ON WHEELS is one of the BEST shows. Ever. Just finished watching the final episode of the first season... AMAZING! So FREAKING glad that Season 2 begins this year too! I don't have to wait forever!
AMC is making some top notch shows. They are currently reshowing some of the earlier Breaking Bad episodes, another great show from AMC.
Indeed, I could live off of AMC, TNT and CW (just for Supernatural). And DEXTER for SHOTIME when it comes around.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

HBO remains, in my opinion, the best network when it comes to original series.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”